Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have three choices:
1. put in your reservation and wait in line(estimated at 2 years now).
2. Do #1, then get on your local dealer orphan list amd hope for an orphan.
3. Get one now by paying someones exhorbitant mark-up( usually $3000-5000 over list.

This is the reality right now of becoming a smartie. By the way, it is illegal to import one from Mexico or Canada, they are not US certified. The good news, is the wait is worth it! I've had mine 3 months, and absolutely love it! I wouldn't sell it for 10k over what I paid for it.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
You have three choices:
1. put in your reservation and wait in line(estimated at 2 years now).
2. Do #1, then get on your local dealer orphan list amd hope for an orphan.
3. Get one now by paying someones exhorbitant mark-up( usually $3000-5000 over list.

This is the reality right now of becoming a smartie. By the way, it is illegal to import one from Mexico or Canada, they are not US certified. The good news, is the wait is worth it! I've had mine 3 months, and absolutely love it! I wouldn't sell it for 10k over what I paid for it.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
thank you, but I've already been here for a year! :p

Yes, it IS worth getting a smartie - by either way!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently sold my Scion xB, because I continued to be highly allergic to it for more than a year. Healthycars.com is a wonderful website for toxic chemicals in cars and car seats, and I wish their study had been done before I bought the xB and fell in love with it.
I'd not seen nor heard of the Smart cars (I'm not really a "car" person, still driving my wonderful 92 Toyota pickup but I need much better gas mileage, and would like a smaller vehicle), but they got the best "nontoxic" rating I've ever seen on a new car. Now I'm going to try to find one in the Tucson area--any suggestions?

Have any of you had allergic reactions? Is there much "new car smell"? Are there any used Smarts out there for sale? (It seem there is a long line to get vehicles.) Can they be bought in Mexico and brought into the USA? (Or in Spain?)
I'm happy to have found this group!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts