Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it that not too many people are pleased with the way the red fortwo is looking. See below for examples...

As response has shown many customers were invisioning a deeper red and when seeing the current red paint code with their own eyes... they are starting to look at other color options. This is coming straight from smart reps and we will let you know if we here any plans to tone up the red in the US smart cars...

·
Registered
165 Posts
My reservation was for the color shown, red and black.

I'm OK with it. I chose red, because it catches the eye of the cell phone talking motorist. The yellow was a bit too eye catching for me :eek:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a diecast model of the red and black one from Europe (several years old), and it looks just like that. That's why I want one in that color! I've looked at that model on my desk at work for at least five years! :)

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think these above really show the pale-ness of the red fortwo. I know what you mean that you want it to jump but here it looks like a red you see in Arizona on a car that is sat in the sun for its lifetime!

·
Registered
671 Posts
It looks more like a reddish orange to me. I would have liked a deeper brighter red, but then again, I reserved a white one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like it

Car is to small for the real bright red. the bright reds show off every little imperfection or blemish. the red they have is richer looking. I agree the black is a better accent color

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
It looks more like a reddish orange to me. I would have liked a deeper brighter red, but then again, I reserved a white one.
That's what my wife and I thought at the road show....not really the true "Cardinal Red" is was hoping for....but still close enough!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I too ordered a red with black and red interior (wife's pick). I've seen other pictures that also look redish-orange. We'll see, not too sure about the orange tint.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Disappointed with the red as well, but am looking forward to having vinyl decaling and painting done by my brother-in-law. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
...Red Smart Car...

Disappointed with the red as well, but am looking forward to having vinyl decaling and painting done by my brother-in-law. :cool:
...yes, Felinae...I also thought that the red Smart was a tad "orange". I wish it was more like a traditional "candy apple" red. To me, the red Smart Cars with the black stripe do seem "redder" than those with the silver stripe? Optical illusion, I suppose. :)

...what kind of painting is your brother-in-law going to put on your Smart Car?

...I'd like FLAMES! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
red color

That last photo of a Smart sitting at a diesel pump is probably one of the Canadian cars, pre-2007. The red Smarts that I saw in Chandler, AZ during the tour were the lighter red. And yes, they did look a little sun faded.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts