Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Nice of you to do this. But, regarding owners 'everywhere' adding their push pin ...
is there a limit to the number that can be added to the map? If so, it might be better to keep it regional. Maybe.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I'm limited to 500 pushpins, so I should at least request that those who add their pins be from Texas.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Its because it knows your not an OWNER!
:smartje.rd.zw:

Nope, It is definitely the settings. I finally played with it and now have it working fine on mine. So, if you want to know what I did, to center it on us and what not Janet, feel free to PM me and I can send you a file to your email. Or put them on mine. All is good.

Central Texas Smarties (1 markers placed)

·
Super Moderator
28,284 Posts
Janet, don't think the map is set up for people to add their own markers yet; I had the same issue on the Ohio map. Go to this field:

Visitors can place pins?
(you will be the only one able to place pins on your map if you select "no". This is interesting if you want to set up a "read only" maps)
and make sure the box next to it is NOT checked; sounds backwards but if you check it no one can add their own markers. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't add a pushpin onto yours. I was able to search and zoom in right to where our ranch is but it won't let me add a pin.

·
Super Moderator
28,284 Posts
I can't add a pushpin onto yours. I was able to search and zoom in right to where our ranch is but it won't let me add a pin.
Hmmmmm. Until you see "(click on map to add a marker)" under the map title the map won't allow anyone but you to place a marker. The Ohio map is set up that way so you should have been able to add a marker (unless it knows you're from Texas:D)

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Hmmmmm. Until you see "(click on map to add a marker)" under the map title the map won't allow anyone but you to place a marker. The Ohio map is set up that way so you should have been able to add a marker (unless it knows you're from Texas:D)
Thats it. I know it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Janet, don't think the map is set up for people to add their own markers yet; I had the same issue on the Ohio map. Go to this field:

and make sure the box next to it is NOT checked; sounds backwards but if you check it no one can add their own markers. Hope this helps. :)
I'll check my settings. You're right if NOT checking the box is the correct setting, then their sentence is a double negative.

OK, I've changed the settings. Try my map again to see if it now works: Smart Owner's Map

·
Super Moderator
28,284 Posts
I'll check my settings. You're right if NOT checking the box is the correct setting, then their sentence is a double negative.

OK, I've changed the settings. Try my map again to see if it now works: Smart Owner's Map
Yep, you're good to go. You could also check the box to allow people to choose their own icons as well. I sent the map guru an e-mail about the wording and he promised to change it. Obviously, he never did. :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
thanks bud. Now I figured why mine was not working either. Kind of messed up how it is worded. It's like if you want it, then you check it. If you dont' then you can't.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts