Smart Car of America Forum banner

Note your location - Texas Chapter map

28K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  FatDaddy 
#1 ·
I've set up a push-pin map for those primarily in the Austin area, but anyone with a Smart can add a pin. Please go to the Smart Owners Map and add yours.

#9 ·
Janet, don't think the map is set up for people to add their own markers yet; I had the same issue on the Ohio map. Go to this field:

Visitors can place pins?
(you will be the only one able to place pins on your map if you select "no". This is interesting if you want to set up a "read only" maps)
and make sure the box next to it is NOT checked; sounds backwards but if you check it no one can add their own markers. Hope this helps. :)

#13 ·
Janet, don't think the map is set up for people to add their own markers yet; I had the same issue on the Ohio map. Go to this field:

and make sure the box next to it is NOT checked; sounds backwards but if you check it no one can add their own markers. Hope this helps. :)
I'll check my settings. You're right if NOT checking the box is the correct setting, then their sentence is a double negative.

OK, I've changed the settings. Try my map again to see if it now works: Smart Owner's Map

#11 ·
Hmmmmm. Until you see "(click on map to add a marker)" under the map title the map won't allow anyone but you to place a marker. The Ohio map is set up that way so you should have been able to add a marker (unless it knows you're from Texas:D)

#34 ·
On My Way!

Oh man! Can't wait to be back in Texas again. I will be heading out of San Diego, CA at the end of May and be relocating to the Houston area. I am originally form Angleton (bout 45m south on 288), so good to be returning home. I drive a '09 Brabus amongst other vehicles, but I will be driving my smart from SD to Houston. Cant wait to see all the supprised faces as i fly by on the I-10!!!

#35 ·
A Big Howdy Y'all to You!

Always good to see another Texan come back into the fold! Be sure to join our Houston Area Smart Car group on Smart USA Insider when you get a chance. We're 82 members strong and counting. We try to get together for meet-n-greets, caravan trips etc, whenever we can. Looking forward to meeting you at one of our get-togethers!

Grasshopper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.