Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a muffler that has the flex pipe detached from the muffler end.
I had my muffler replaced and wanted the old one (cracked around the muffler pipe end) back. I got it back but the pipe is detached from the muffler end (as I said above). How do I determine the exact angle for the new flex pipe to be reattached? By that I mean picture the blunt end (not the long axis) of the muffler with the pipe at 12:00 o'clock, meaning exactly perpindicular to the blunt or short end-with the muffler perp to the crimped or finned end. As I recall the proper angle should be about 11:00? Or some fraction thereof? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies...well...my first wife responded in the same way vis a vis most topics.
I'm sure there is a correct angle for the manifold end of the muffler. I'm also sure I'll find it. Let's see, my first impulse is to be harsh....but I won't...I'll take the high road...y'all are booger eaters.

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts
Just so you got a reply, I have not had my exhaust apart yet, or even removed the back plastic yet so I don't have an answer for you. I have noticed a bit more noise from the pass side rear so maybe it is time for me to remove the back end and check things out. I will have to wait for temps to get much warmer out.

I would guess BarneyO could maybe help you out..

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Our silence only indicates that we do not know the answer to your question. It does not indicate that we no longer care about you and your muffler repair persuit.

An alternate but obvious answer would be to assemble the two halves on the car mark the location and or tack weld it in place. Finish the job on the bench.

Not the answer you wanted, but asked and answered.

Love you, mean it. Happy Valentines Day.

So, is Jakie your smart? What is the name of your other smart. You do have two now, don't you?
See, you have a following and don't even know it. :D

I am going to pretend you did not mention the booger thingy, or I would have to retract the luv ya mean it thingy.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
It's roughly 120 degree angle. Sorry, I just saw this post. When I built my custom system, that's the bend I bought, and it worked out really well. 120 degree bend at the muffler, and a 90 degree bend at the flange. Lined up perfect.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts