Smart Car of America Forum banner
281 - 291 of 291 Posts

· Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
So today headed into the Fall season 2022. I find my self with a well running good looking Smart.... Perfect..... Of course that means it's time to fix it. Clutch work will be the high dollar winter project. Double Adjustable Rear Shock will be the next experiment. Some interchanging hoods. And a few Carbon fiber accents should have us in a different place in the Spring.

· Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 · (Edited)
I haven't weighed the car. So I would guess I am 15 lbs lighter than stock in just a wild guess. The big weight reductions are wheel. With the current Team Dynamic wheels and Accelera tire combo feeling much lighter carrying them then the Stock Design 5 wheels with Conti tires. And the the Sila Side exhaust is so much lighter than the stock muffler. The silicon intake tube is lighter than the intake baffle it replaced. Hood inserts are lighter the the hood material that was cut out. I would guess that is minus 40 lbs.

Added weight would be the under dash sub box 8 lbs. The rear mid hatch wing 2 lbs, front air dam 2 lbs. Rear roof lip 2 lbs, Chrome trim, mud flaps, window rain guards, bumper pegs, ram air side scoop 10 lbs.

Empty I would guess it is lighter than stock by a few lbs. I say empty because I do keep the jack, cleaning supplies and tool boxes in the car almost always.

· Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 · (Edited)
Now that "The Harlem Edition" has fully met up to its initial concept of its photo shopped dream vision..
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

from a wish in 2017 into today's daily driven street trim September 2022......
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

So I will go ahead and put out the next concept vibe as PMD Motorsports presents a wolf in Wolf's Clothing concept.... "The Harlem Edition" Track Night Trim concept.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

The outside is easy enough. The real dream is the Clutch work, Header, Suspension and Tuning that is housed with in that concept photo. ;)(y)

· Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
What clutch work are you planning to get done? Did you ever do the clutch re-teach we discussed back in February?
Yes I have done all the relearning things we discussed, I just cannot stop the that clutch dumping over reaction the systems goes through after hard rev pulls in 1st and 2nd gear. As long as I am very conscious of keeping gentle revs in 1st and 2nd gear the car is all pleasure. Some others who say they have also experienced this adaptive behavior have said after having a clutch replaced the issues has ended. So I will be attempting to do something about it over the winter.

Until then.........

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

.... we'll just make sure it looks the part. :love:

· Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
During brief illness my recovery found me at home in the kitchen more often. The blessing of recovery itself is enough to be thankful for but another Kitchen inspired mod for the Harlem Edition quite a bonus.
Automotive lighting Product Font Automotive exterior Automotive tire

The first two Items have been on the Car for years, The Sink Drains have been my frame end caps for 7 years without any corrosion. The Curved Cup drawer pull has been glued to my rear hatch window glass nearly as long. Now these nicely curved draw pulls have found their place on the Harlem Edition Mod list. Lets see if we can make it happen . The Poor Man's Dollar at work.

· Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Some nice surprises have been showing up in the mail the last 2 weeks. There were these gems...
Shoe Guitar accessory Input device Eyewear Automotive design

Center cap logo stickers, door strike cover, and signal stalk covers...
They were nice unforgotten purchases on the Wish shopping platform. Well today these showed up....
Automotive lighting Automotive design Audio equipment Automotive exterior Gas

Mirror caps.....
Well more smiles.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts