Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Aluminum Pedals delivered.

Just in time for this weekend when I'll be chasing 1stiski's Brabus to Virginia........ Good times!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Mud Flaps installed.

Cell phone holder perfect position achieved.

My chosen storage solution is two of these in red under the Cargo Cover
<iframe width="484" height="272" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
I'll figger this car out
308 Posts
The lack of bucking actually has nothing to do with Traction Control being disabled.

Traction Control does not intervene if you're not losing traction. Unless you're peeling out at every light, Traction Control isn't your problem.

What you're most likely feeling is "creep mode" being disabled. It's a feature specific to our wonderful North American cars and the only way to turn it off (so far as we know) is to cause some sort of fault. Some people used to engage their handbrake up one click, however it seems that trick doesn't work well in the newer cars.

I think you'd be the first to try to disable the safety systems through the brake switch.

Also note that disabling the safety systems disables all active systems, including ABS, ESP, and Hill Start Assist. So take that with what you will.
I have heard of this before. I know telematics people that are investigating some unusual MB and smart codes that don't appear in the code manuals and that Daimler keeps to itself, like special codes which appear only if a vehicle is being transported on a ship. Why they have those codes, I don't know. I can ask them if they have developed a protocol to address creep mode disable.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I am comfortable a bit of lube goes a long way for the gear motors, clutch actuator, gear shift lever to maintain proper smooth function.
I am now looking at what a bit of lube will do for the gear shift cable which seems to end under the rear end area exposed to all the elements.
As with the my entire Smart 451 every movable part with an issue seems to initially benefit from any application of lube.

So I fully believe my wheel bearings could use some, remember in older cars it was an item that was repacked with grease. So my intention is to replace them.
I would also like to know from those with Smart Clutch knowledge if lube plays any part of it's function.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Genius Darwin 17 inch with Hankook 205/40 17

Front and rear Wheel Arch and Mud Flaps

Stock Exhaust with Curved Elbow weld and Fitted exhaust tip

twcom Exclusive Mid -hatch rear Spoiler, Cargo cover shown closed.

Dash. ScanGauge ll, additional Mini Gauges, Highline radio.

Sports Pedals, Shifter Boot, Magnetic Cell Phone Holder location.

Seats with Smart shoulder pads.

Custom Hood and Power Design Side Vent.

The Harlem Edition as sitting 11/28/2019.

Next up Front Spliter and back up blue tooth camera.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Well with my car not so perfect at the moment, pass side front rim bent replaced by original wheel for spare, Undertray
in poor condition, and a scratch on my driverside door... ugh...., I am so glad I was able to get the interior so nice, at least inside it feels perfect. I will be replacing the front 17 inch rims with 15 inchers going from 195/40 17 to 205/50 15 rubber. Its already Feb, Time is moving fast towards my May Cross country Run. I let an Idea linger in my mind about painting the new Undertray red. Call it fitted with the "Christian louboutin sous le plateau" . Another Item I have been thinking about is to install the Cabriolet behind the seat c pilar cross brace into my coupe for a roll bar look and feel. Just idle winter mind running wild. And behind in my oil change.... a must this weekend.

I hope March is warmer than usual.

·
I'll figger this car out
308 Posts

Genius Darwin 17 inch with Hankook 205/40 17

Front and rear Wheel Arch and Mud Flaps

Stock Exhaust with Curved Elbow weld and Fitted exhaust tip

twcom Exclusive Mid -hatch rear Spoiler, Cargo cover shown closed.

Dash. ScanGauge ll, additional Mini Gauges, Highline radio.

Sports Pedals, Shifter Boot, Magnetic Cell Phone Holder location.

Seats with Smart shoulder pads.

Custom Hood and Power Design Side Vent.

The Harlem Edition as sitting 11/28/2019.

Next up Front Spliter and back up blue tooth camera.
Really like the custom hood! Where did you get it?

·
Registered
269 Posts
My 2014 Smart Passion I suspect has a Brake Light Switch failure. My Traction Control light is on steady, My Brake Lights including Third brake Light are on steady.

And suddenly my car drives Perfect. It is everything I want the drive feel of the car to be. No bucking, no squirreling around, Just perfect.

Its the difference of walking a big dog that constantly pulls at the leash vs a Cesar Millan trained big dog that walks along side you in a "calm submissive state".

I never want that Big Dog jumping and pulling at the leash again.

When you drive a Video game the better you get at driving the less driver assist items you leave on. I love My Smart car feel with out the driver assist that the Traction Control light appears to have disabled.

But alas after three days of bliss, but for knowing my brake lights are on steady, I know I have to make this repair. So I now would like to know if any one has modified this switch so that the brake lights will work as they are designed to, but keep all the related driver assist disabled.

Does anyone who has attempted this Brake light switch replacement as a DYI repair believe I could/should take this repair on myself. I am familiar with location of the part and what it seems to entail. Just looking for some first hand experience.
Not to be a Smart Alec or anthing, but did you check the #11 fuse. I used to pull that on my 451 so I could whip some wicked donuts?!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Really like the custom hood! Where did you get it?
Standard stick on hood louvers. I just took a dremel tool and cut and glued them in proper. The Subaru's with their hood scoops where making me Jealous at the time.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Not to be a Smart Alec or anthing, but did you check the #11 fuse. I used to pull that on my 451 so I could whip some wicked donuts?!
Yeah, but its was the brake light switch took longer to raise it on the lift then to change it out lol

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Back story Is.... some hater had scratched an "M" on to the panel and I was going to replace it. I bought the stick on hood louvers and they covered the scratch. I kept them on for a week and decided I did like and the Dremel tool was on sale at Home Depot. A couple of Subaru's in my rear view mirror later I was home cutting holes.

I like it a lot and I can see having a few additional Panels with various scoops and vents. I just want to complete the vision of this car the day I pick it up.

This was my vission of what it would become.

That lead to this.

Spent a lot of time like this.

Currently living like this...

What the finish line will look like

Fog/driving lights, Back up camera, Under dash sub, New Undertray, The Cabriolet interior padded cross bar, side mirror arrow signal lights, Front Spilter, Undetermined suspension solution. radar detector. Fire extinguisher.

And fantasy Supercharger... lol

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

The fashion conscious may recognize this Iconic shoe. If this is you then you may appreciate the Harlem Edition latest
designer boutique statement piece.

The Harlem Edition 451 Smart 1.0 will now be fitted with the "Christian Louboutin train d'atterrissage" as its standard undertray.

that means

" Red Bottoms are underneath "..............................................?‍❤‍?

61 - 80 of 115 Posts