Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Aluminum Pedals delivered.

Just in time for this weekend when I'll be chasing 1stiski's Brabus to Virginia........ Good times!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The next weak link in the interior that just had to be tweaked........

the up-tweak.....

The Harlem Edition now shod with Shifter Boot..........

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Mud Flaps installed.

Cell phone holder perfect position achieved.

My chosen storage solution is two of these in red under the Cargo Cover
<iframe width="484" height="272" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
I'll figger this car out
222 Posts
The lack of bucking actually has nothing to do with Traction Control being disabled.

Traction Control does not intervene if you're not losing traction. Unless you're peeling out at every light, Traction Control isn't your problem.

What you're most likely feeling is "creep mode" being disabled. It's a feature specific to our wonderful North American cars and the only way to turn it off (so far as we know) is to cause some sort of fault. Some people used to engage their handbrake up one click, however it seems that trick doesn't work well in the newer cars.

I think you'd be the first to try to disable the safety systems through the brake switch.

Also note that disabling the safety systems disables all active systems, including ABS, ESP, and Hill Start Assist. So take that with what you will.
I have heard of this before. I know telematics people that are investigating some unusual MB and smart codes that don't appear in the code manuals and that Daimler keeps to itself, like special codes which appear only if a vehicle is being transported on a ship. Why they have those codes, I don't know. I can ask them if they have developed a protocol to address creep mode disable.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I am comfortable a bit of lube goes a long way for the gear motors, clutch actuator, gear shift lever to maintain proper smooth function.
I am now looking at what a bit of lube will do for the gear shift cable which seems to end under the rear end area exposed to all the elements.
As with the my entire Smart 451 every movable part with an issue seems to initially benefit from any application of lube.

So I fully believe my wheel bearings could use some, remember in older cars it was an item that was repacked with grease. So my intention is to replace them.
I would also like to know from those with Smart Clutch knowledge if lube plays any part of it's function.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Genius Darwin 17 inch with Hankook 205/40 17

Front and rear Wheel Arch and Mud Flaps

Stock Exhaust with Curved Elbow weld and Fitted exhaust tip

twcom Exclusive Mid -hatch rear Spoiler, Cargo cover shown closed.

Dash. ScanGauge ll, additional Mini Gauges, Highline radio.

Sports Pedals, Shifter Boot, Magnetic Cell Phone Holder location.

Seats with Smart shoulder pads.

Custom Hood and Power Design Side Vent.

The Harlem Edition as sitting 11/28/2019.

Next up Front Spliter and back up blue tooth camera.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts