Smart Car of America Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I bought the Forge for about the same price the year it came out. 2010 maybe. Still using it. I also got a knockoff copycat for about half that price 3 years ago that's still hanging in my shed...
I want the longer Forge type that you have installed, I am keeping the stock air box. A shame I don't have it already
as the left motor mount replacement will have removal of the resonator. You know what let me see how quick I can get. wahi, what do you have for an exhaust,?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I could easily stay with stock as nothing is wrong with the muffler it's self and I really suspect a bad motor mount is the cause of this last flex pipe separation. But I have grown found of the exhaust noise from the broken pipe. Lol.. shedding the excess weight is also appealing. Now I am cheap so this could end up with the plan B ... Just weld the flex pipe back on for 50 bucks ...lol.
But if this works out I certainly would have a few more made to sell.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Smart Rubber Mats.

Really nice set of mats. I would rather not cover my metal dead pedal , but I will live with that for now. Love the fit and Smart logo. Drivers side has screw in anchors, Passenger side has velcro.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I want the longer Forge type that you have installed, I am keeping the stock air box. A shame I don't have it already
as the left motor mount replacement will have removal of the resonator. You know what let me see how quick I can get. wahi, what do you have for an exhaust,?
Here's the pic of my Forge that I've used in 3 smarts since.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Well I installed the 12 inch Mirror type Backup camera on my truck today, I lost my parking skills from driving the Smart exclusively lol, Did I mention my truck is perfect too...... and yes its time to fix a tranny fluid leak, lol

Perfect pair In the Smarts' earlier days.

I will be installing same Unit in 10 inch version on the Smart I should receive it tomorrow. Should be a 10 min install because rear camera mound will be inside top of rear hatch. Funny, for the truck the rear camera is the true focus for parking, but for the Smart, recording drives from the front camera will be main attraction lol. Bonusis that the cameras will make them each others road chase camera cars.

12 inch in truck.

10 inch going in Smart.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Thumbs up for the Vantop full mirror cams. They will take getting adjusted to but I like the product. To get full potential I do believe the rest camera should be mounted out side but until I do that I can live the inside location. The issue is to much glass lol. I wear glasses they have certain smudge, scratches and glare to deal with alone. Add to that the mirror and it's same issues the, rear lens, and then the rest hatch window,. Finally the image signal speed. And a lot has to be right to see a natural flowing image. The Vantop is a great attempt. Installation time on the smart 7 minutes. Tucking the wires neatly away 15 additional minutes .

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
All adjustments made to The Van Top mirror cams and now they are fully as advertised. Total success to this point on the Van Top mirror cams. Now the plan on the one in the Smart is top have it in place recording the California Canyon runs during Smart Ball 2021.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Seven months ago I decided on the "Christian Louboutin train d'atterrissage" as the Harlem Editions official undertray.

well today I finally got after it.

........................now to get them up under there,
Cardi B.....
“These expensive, these is red bottoms, these is bloody shoes,” “Hit the store, I can get ’em both, I don’t wanna choose.”

Attachments

·
17,431 Posts
I would be curious to see how long that Krylon Fusion lasts. Last time I painted something with it (oh, about a decade ago?) the finish started peeling off in less than a year. I now just use rustoleum for every rattlecan job.

·
17,431 Posts
OMG 😱 Who's smart was upended like that? And tha's photoshopped rrright?
It appears to be a "cow tipped" 450. He 'shopped it to show what the undertray would look like painted like a pump stiletto. :)

121 - 133 of 133 Posts