Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have a smart car meet up group in NYC area? I used to do this with my 2000 M5, it was a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
we've had some in the past, much work was put in by organizer(s) and little outcome. the city itself is difficult to find a place to meet because of parking, so outlying areas were used, though we did meet once at the Cloisters. between N.E, Maine, Boston, NYC, NJ and Eastern PA, we've all tried to keep something together over the years but people are busy, and there's no parking and etc.

what did you have in mind? curious how others have made it work.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When we did a meet we would drive to a destination like a strip near the beach so people could see us. But this was in a 400 hp BMW , driving was really the point. With a smart meet, I'd suggest going to an aircraft museum, or some kind of race event ,Lime rock park, or monster trucks. A Go cart track would be good start so the passengers can also participate. The cloisters would be a nice place to begin a meet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I suppose I could join in however I moved out of NYC 15 years ago to Phoenix. Would be a heck of a drive although we've done it before in my TR6

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
For part of August 15 and 16 I plan to make the pilgrimage to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Redbank NJ. If there are any local smart owner's free, it would be fun to meet up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For part of August 15 and 16 I plan to make the pilgrimage to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Redbank NJ. If there are any local smart owner's free, it would be fun to meet up.

I'd be interested in something like that if the killing joke dvd is out by then. Need to look it up. What would you do after that? Is there anything out there? If I do something I'd be bringing my co pilot, she is 9 and shifts for me. 5 speed boom!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If not, maybe you could organize a meet up.

I don't mind organizing a meet up. I'd like to know how many people would be interested in going. We can start a page on meetup, so it's easier to organize. Anyone in the NYC area want to do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts