Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used this setup on 5 different cars, and never had this problem -

2013 451 - Elm327 using Android Torque

Had the car for two days, no problems, then decided to get baseline temp readings...

The following codes popped up..

So I cleared them, unplugged and restarted ECU.. no problems returned.. UNTIL I plugged the ELM327..
I've tried the various high speed and work around settings on Torque, but it still happens.

Anybody else had this problem ?

U0001: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
U0100: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0700: Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
P3237: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web

of course nothing else is available on the web.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The U-codes are for a CANbus communications error and for lost communication with the ECM. A scan tool connected to a vehicle becomes another node on the CANbus network. It is known that some generic scan tools, which is what a ELM-based unit is, do not work with certain vehicles. There are no hard and fast rules, they sometimes just do not work properly, give erroneous information or false codes. If I were you I would try a different scan tool before spending a lot of time chasing a ghost.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved!

So instead of letting it scan, I set it on the Canbus 500kbps.

I think the discovery process from Torque was really upsetting it - trans codes, it would display the traction control enabled sometimes, really unnerving random stuff.

All good now. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You made a boo-boo

A funny thing with smart cars, if you clear the codes while the car is running the car goes in to limp mode and a series of drive cycles are required to get it back to scan ready. I have a double wrench service notification at -63 days and counting. I can't even find it let alone turn it off. :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts