Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2014 smart ED that is throwing me a couple of annoying messages.
HV service and Brake service.

I REALLY want to avoid asking a dealer to MB Star it.

I have used an OBD scanner from Advance Auto to clear any codes, but it didn't clear these?

From what I have read some others have used assorted scanners to clear the messages.

WHAT specific scanners did you use (make and model if available)?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
MAXISCAN MS309.....This is the cheap OBII code reader that I bought off Ebay, it gives all fault codes and clears codes. Clears engine management light. Note that if the fault remains or comes back the fault code will return. Being cheap it only gives code number and not what the fault means as a description in English, so you have to go to the internet and find an OBII code website, put in the code to get description of fault in English. I have found it a very useful tool for finding and clearing codes, after I have sorted the problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,341 Posts
The original poster has an ED and it is very hard to find a reader that works on them. Colin - are you saying that the reader you referenced works for the ED too.

Len

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry, Did not notice ED which I assume is electric, and no, mine is a petrol car and it works fine for that. No idea if it would read codes for electric cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts