Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm old, I'm hoping to see what I will most likely miss anyway, it's hard to explain.

Well I'm on my way to superbrightled.com

Thank you:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I'm about to buy these. Now this could go wrong two ways, 1 is that I'll never be able to drive in fog again. 2 because there is so little holding the bulbs in the sockets, that when I make a sharp stop these things pop out of the sockets. I've had the loose bulb in the lens thing happen.:|

what do you guys think

194 LED Bulb - 10 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

or should I just get these

194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Wide Angle Wedge Base | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

and as a side note, I'm getting one of these too.

578 LED Bulb - 9 LED Festoon | Festoon Base Bulbs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't think I had to worry about the dome light, it's only one of two offered at Superbrightleds.com for the Smart Car. And a number of people here are using these bulbs for there dome lights, by way of there posts.

just another thing to worry about.

·
17,353 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys,

Neonspinnazz - I was hoping someone had those bulbs, this is the only bulb in the car that you see the bulb, it's fully exposed. So it has to look good. And it's a plus to hear they won't pop out.

194 LED Bulb - 10 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

EDSanka - thank you for the info that saved me from getting the wrong bulb, I'm getting these bulbs instead. thank you very much. I'm getting both the warm white, and the amber bulbs.

6415 LED Bulb - 4 LED Festoon | Festoon Base Bulbs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

it's all on order now.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Be careful, some of the smd parking lights for sale on ebay may be too large to fit through the socket on our headlights. I bought a pair, and it was a tight fit. I got a great deal though. Around $4, and they have lasted for years.

·
17,353 Posts
Yup, that was the case with the festoon I got for the license plate lights. On eBay, it showed to be the perfect size.

But when I got them? They were a millimetre too long.

However, because they're longer than they should've been, they actually fit very snug!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a pair of these from eBay in blue colour. Fits very snug (better than stock), it's much brighter than stock, and the housing is aesthetically pleasing. :)
You are a big time law breaking daredevil :)

According to my Smart ED manual, the parking light is also the "side marker lamp". Wikipedia says it is a US law that they must emit amber, not white or blue.

·
17,353 Posts
That is true. I realized that after I installed them. I understand the risks of illegal mods so it doesn't bother me.

My car is a rolling ticket magnet...Exhaust too loud for quiet hours, window tint too dark, speedometer doesn't have numbers, LEDs of non-approved colours...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts