Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Invite is for all smart cars & a driver with or without a copilot as per past foliage rides.

Northern folks would meet or eat breakfast at the Front Royal, Va Cracker Barrel restaurant, 15 Riverton Commons Plaza, Front Royal, VA 22630, at 9 AMish and will leave at 10:30 AMish to Skyline Drive & drive their way south to Rt 33, mile marker 65 or until we meet.

Skyline Drive Maps | Skyline Drive Overlooks Shenandoah National Park

Like our friends in the north, the southern folks would meet or eat breakfast at the Exit 94 on I-64 Waynesboro Cracker Barrel,101 Apple Tree Ln, Waynesboro, VA 22980 at 9AMish, & leave at 10:30 AMish to exit 99 of I-64, Afton, VA for access to Skyline Drive & drive their way north to Rt 33, mile marker 65 or until we meet.

Lunch for both north & south folks would meet & eat at 1:30 PMish at the Log Cabin BBQ https://www.logcabinbarbecue.com/ on Rt 33 west of Skyline Drive at the bottom of the "hill" and then everyone is free to find their way home.

·
Registered
665 Posts
We are both off . So we are planning on attending this gathering . Might spend an evening close to the gathering area so we don’t have rise before the sun comes up

·
Registered
665 Posts
^^^^ thanks . After the Barbaque It looks like we will conclude the ride and stay the evening in Massanutten resort to enjoy the mountain air one more day .

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To include the numbers from Facebook's USA Smart Car Club & Smart Cars of America, 3 are currently coming from the south and 4 from the north. Looking like a good turn out.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Now the big choice , should we bring our 451 Brabus or the 453 LORINSER ? If the weather is cool and clear , the cabrio will be the choice , wet and foggy , hardtop time .

·
Registered
846 Posts
Now the big choice , should we bring our 451 Brabus or the 453 LORINSER ? If the weather is cool and clear , the cabrio will be the choice , wet and foggy , hardtop time .
This may be one of the last low snow/ice threat rides of the season. 1stiski....... bring the whole herd, all three. The Misses could row her own, You make your choice, and a third trusted pilot can soft shoe the last one. Hell swap at the gas stop Three way phone call the whole ride would be a blast. One of those memories you will remember whit smiles and conversations for a long time to come.... and a great photo shoot opportunity to boot.

To include the numbers from Facebook's USA Smart Car Club & Smart Cars of America, 3 are currently coming from the south and 4 from the north. Looking like a good turn out.
Hey you, Whats up. Its been a great year for the Harlem Edition. We are in. So see you in a couple of weeks. If 1stiski does run his whole herd I will drive to his place and run down with the pack. Like last year I intend to sprint back to NYC after the the vittles are round in my belly. Got my self a decent camera this year should be a good time indeed.

Remember we are the more intelligent drivers.... because "We Intentionally Drive SMART".

·
Registered
665 Posts
Looks like we are taking the 451 Brabus for the ride .. also toting along the little pooch because our critter sitter is in FL on vacation . So our dining inside establishments has changed unfortunately. We will still be eating with the group , but outside instead . At least we found plenty of pet friendly places to sleep at .

·
Registered
846 Posts
Looks like we are taking the 451 Brabus for the ride .. also toting along the little pooch because our critter sitter is in FL on vacation . So our dining inside establishments has changed unfortunately. We will still be eating with the group , but outside instead . At least we found plenty of pet friendly places to sleep at .
Are we gonna run it it the rain. I want to make the run down to Va with you guys. Chase that Brabus.

·
Registered
665 Posts
We probably are going to get motivated to head down leaving the house around 5 am to round up for some morning eats . Yep looks like the Brabus is going for this one . (At the moment)

·
Registered
665 Posts
We had a nice uneventful drive to Front Royal , some Bambi’s leaving our valley , that’s about it .. topping off on fuel and then to the Cracker Barrel.

·
Registered
846 Posts
This will be a Jack Bauer run. 24 Hrs. start time 12:30 am Sunday. The Harlem Edition has a fresh oil change, New KnN Filter laid in the air box upgraded Power Design Air scoop fastened to the side, weather stripping in place and a full tank of gas. Camera battery charged and in car. Navigation set to first stop. Car is ready to roll . Ill finish up this post Shower and take a snooze.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I headed out from the BBQ parking lot with navigation set. GPS Eta to to my pillow was 5 hrs 34 min splitting the difference between the Smart Nav 934 pm eta and the Waze 1016 pm eta I usually run them both as the conflicting female voice directions vaying for my attention appeals to me.... It is mostly that Waze adjust for traffic and onboard does not that accounts for the difference but ... My Smart.... My Fantasy. But I intended to find a rabbit or two headed north and turn up the wick back to the City. Ànd that is what I did. With two stops for gas and Starbucks Vinalla engery shots. And only a 12 min traffic stoppage just inside the PA state line I was home at 1045 pm . I pulled a photo or two from the camera, posted a line or two. The last time I saw was 12:12am 23 hrs and 18 min. From when I woke up Sunday morning to get ready. All I have to do is head out to work at 4am with out any trouble and get to work on time and this will have been a nice memory in the rear view mirror. Thanks.

·
Registered
665 Posts
We really enjoyed the ride . Our brief conversations in the clouds was enjoyable and we wished for more . We apologize for our quick departure from the BBQ joint , but I’m pretty sure that pets weren’t welcome at the table . Next time we hope to have a sitter .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts