Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Left NYC at 1am . Arrived at first leg of the run at 445 am, on time to join up with"1stiski" and the Silver Brabus. With Two clean Smarts we cruised South and arrived at the Skyline Drive area just after 830 with two unclean Smarts as rain accompanied us along most of the way. Car was flawless 46mpg at high way speed limits. Picked up an additional Smart and couple at the Breakfast meet. After a good feed, the Three Smarts entered the North end of the Drive. Two other Smarts were in the Drive area on the South end. So we began to head towards each other on Skyline drive Spotty rain and low cloud cover had us Drifting down the drive passing through the clouds. I really enjoyed that low visibility environment. I just imagined the drive was in the The Black Forest of Germany and enjoyed myself. The three smarts stopped at several points, although the mist never broke to see to far out. We did join up with the two Smarts coming from the southern end of the park. Then the Five Smarts tagged along and headed over to the BBQ meet for lunch. Turned out to be a USA Veteran Affair with Naval, Marine, and Army Representation from all in the group. A really Nice day of driving and conversations melted away with the taste of tender BBQ. Then with solid memories embedded in our hearts and minds we left that place better then when we came..........

What did I do Today....... I chased a Brabus through the clouds...... And Thanked The Heavens for such a day.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts