Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately my AC has been giving off a stinky smell when I turn it on. I know this happens but it’s never happened to any of my cars! What do I do? I have a fairly new in cabin air filter already in the cabin. Do I spray something somewhere? Where is the ac evaporator located? Tips and advice welcomed and appreciated! Thank you! 😊

·
Registered
229 Posts
So lately my AC has been giving off a stinky smell when I turn it on. I know this happens but it’s never happened to any of my cars! What do I do? I have a fairly new in cabin air filter already in the cabin. Do I spray something somewhere? Where is the ac evaporator located? Tips and advice welcomed and appreciated! Thank you! 😊
You can go to an autoparts store & purchase an aerosol can of duct deodorizer. This should get rid of the musty smell that is caused by moisture and mold growth on the evaporator. Simple instructions for use are on the container.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I’ll have to go and look for something. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to get to the evaporator or something. By the way, where is the evaporator
anyway? 🤔

·
Registered
229 Posts
The evaporator is located under the dash in a plastic box. By spraying this product into the dash outlet ducts, it will reach the evaporator plenum. You can also remove/replace the cabin air filter and spray some of the deodorizer product in there as well. Directions to change the cabin filter, I believe, are in the owner's manual and also on U-Tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts