Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recognized from the pic what that wire is that is not connected to anything. One wire appears brown and the other black (but hard to tell the black wire with my light) There are 2 plugs disconnected also in pic. My cooling fan is not working (the fan works jumped). I did replace a relay but intend to replace all the removable ones. K59 relays is supposedly on the right of the 3 (all same part number. This pic is a pic directly behind the SAM after the SAM was unfastened and let to drop forward.

Phil

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just my opinion but the spade wire looks like a ground wire connection. Check for current with volt meter with and without key on to be sure it does not have power. Can not see other plug.

MLogan
2014 Passion
Smyrna, TN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input that's exactly one thing I thought of doing. Those plastic plugs are in the picture not connected to anything HOWEVER this is a Pure and non-Pure upgrade features could be in the wiring harness, unused, like electric windows, etc and that might explain those plugs and even the loose 'spade' connector. I just tested the car using scanning software watching the temperature so it is known the temperature sensor works. Still the fan is not coming on and I am not far away from wiring in another fan in front of the condenser using a hose-aluminum connector that in the center has a plug to sense the temperature. It will fit under the coolant tank. One thing that did occur to me was actually testing the radiator plug to the stock fan with a multi-meter. There are two connectors so one has to be ground all the time assuming the fan turns on by relay putting power to it. (I would assume - correction appreciated) Now if I get no continuity for ground on one of those connectors, then perhaps I should revisit the 'spade' unattached, hanging connection (I would test that too). All relays (except soldered on the SAM) are replaced so it isn't that nor the fuse.

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts