Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that driving tonight in light rain my wipers worked fine , as the rain wained and the need to wipe reduced I switched the stalk to full up position and the wipers did no shut down . I got home and parked for a short moment and the rain had stopped completely, started the car and the wipers worked properly and didn't run in the upper position as they are designed . Any thoughts ? I don't believe I have a rain sensor on this Passion Cabrio , no extra options on my order sheet .

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
Rain sensor is a hockey puck looking thing on the glass behind the rear view mirror. There is a delay setting but it isn't adjustable. When you come to a stop, the wipers will pause for a bit and then resume. also if the wipers are on and you shift into reverse, the rear wiper will come on for a short bit to clear the rear glass.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
On the 453 there is what appears to be a rain sensor on all models but only fully functions on models with controls on stalk. Check your manual and your stalk. You should find the answer.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the 453 there is what appears to be a rain sensor on all models but only fully functions on models with controls on stalk. Check your manual and your stalk. You should find the answer.
Well , had another rain event and the wipers worked as usual , I'm quite puzzled by the possession the other night , wonder if there is any connection with it being night and having the lights on ? I'll have to post up if it does it again on its own .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts