Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is an issue but I've recently noticed that the Odometer is reading "-2" after starting the Pure. Once I put it in gear the Odometer displays normally. Any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys!

Mailman and AztroRover...I suspected that it may be related to a Service requirement. I'll have to dig into the Owner's Manual and get busy with Servicing. My Smartie has been an excellent vehicle and I want to keep it running like a top! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Luck...Yet

I tried the recommended procedure to reset the -2 (Two Wrench) Icons I found on YouTube and in the Owner's Manual including random pushing of the button with no success. The Service manual appears to have limited information that I have seen so far (Page 87 to 90) for the 2014 Fortwo Pure. ~48,500 kilometers or +30,000 miles. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
There are 2 different methods for resetting the service indicator, depending on which version you have. Try both keeping in mind it is a timing thing to get it to work, After about 3 or 4 tries, it tends to ignore any more attempts. I usually try a few and then try again in the morning

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reset Suggeastions?

jimvw57...The procedure I've tried so far is: Turn Key to position 1, Press button twice within 4 seconds, Turn key off. Push and hold button and turn key to position 1. Should be reset...No luck with this procedure...yet!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried the procedure again with some variations...-3 reset now and showing 15,000 Kilometers. Odometer reading as normal now. I change oil and filter every 5,000 kilometers so we should be good now. May have to perform some more routine maintenance...

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,854 Posts
You are doing the same procedure I do to re set the indicator. The first couple of years, it took a couple of tries to get the timing just right. The last eight years, I have been lucky and re set on first try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts