Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is an issue but I've recently noticed that the Odometer is reading "-2" after starting the Pure. Once I put it in gear the Odometer displays normally. Any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Plenty of videos on YouTube on how to get ride of, or rather reset that. But do service it as require. If you don't have an owners Manuel they are available online to tell you want needs to be done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!

Mailman and AztroRover...I suspected that it may be related to a Service requirement. I'll have to dig into the Owner's Manual and get busy with Servicing. My Smartie has been an excellent vehicle and I want to keep it running like a top! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Luck...Yet

I tried the recommended procedure to reset the -2 (Two Wrench) Icons I found on YouTube and in the Owner's Manual including random pushing of the button with no success. The Service manual appears to have limited information that I have seen so far (Page 87 to 90) for the 2014 Fortwo Pure. ~48,500 kilometers or +30,000 miles. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
There are 2 different methods for resetting the service indicator, depending on which version you have. Try both keeping in mind it is a timing thing to get it to work, After about 3 or 4 tries, it tends to ignore any more attempts. I usually try a few and then try again in the morning

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reset Suggeastions?

jimvw57...The procedure I've tried so far is: Turn Key to position 1, Press button twice within 4 seconds, Turn key off. Push and hold button and turn key to position 1. Should be reset...No luck with this procedure...yet!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried the procedure again with some variations...-3 reset now and showing 15,000 Kilometers. Odometer reading as normal now. I change oil and filter every 5,000 kilometers so we should be good now. May have to perform some more routine maintenance...

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,661 Posts
You are doing the same procedure I do to re set the indicator. The first couple of years, it took a couple of tries to get the timing just right. The last eight years, I have been lucky and re set on first try.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have to be honest mine wouldn’t reset until I disconnected the negative for 20 min then reconnected it. I was trying to reset my tpms, and it didn’t work. But did reset the service indicator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts