Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the part number for the OEM armrest from their accessories catalog. A4519701601 - apparently if your smartie doesn't have the armrest you can add it easily because they only use one seat frame for all their cars and it is designed for the armrest to simply bolt onto it once the seat cover is pulled back a bit to expose the frame. I just bought a 2014 electric and the website says the armrest comes standard NOT AN OPTION. The reality is the armrest is an OPTION because without the armrest, there is a small storage pocket right where the armrest goes. So the dealer is honoring the website and supplying the armrest and installation at no cost but they have to pierce the pocket (which I don't use anyway) to install it. Once it's done I plan on posting some pictures so stay tuned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to hold onto the steering wheel with both hands because the car is so fast I need the extra control (lol) so the passenger will probably end up using it more than the driver

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Is this in the same grey stitched pleather that will match the steering wheel, shifter knob and especially the seats? Will it fit on an '08, or has something changed?

I don't think this was even offered by Smart back in the day. Never knew they had a stock one. If this works in early Smarts, I want it!

Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just posted the pictures on the gallery - for some reason SCOA wouldn't let me send them to you - still figuring out their rules.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a 2014 electric and the website says the armrest comes standard NOT AN OPTION. The reality is the armrest is an OPTION because without the armrest, there is a small storage pocket right where the armrest goes. So the dealer is honoring the website and supplying the armrest and installation at no cost but they have to pierce the pocket (which I don't use anyway) to install it.
I have the red interior in my 2014 ED, and it did come with the armrest. My window sticker does not list it. (Not under options, and not under standard equipment either.)

Interestingly, it DOES list the three spoke steering wheel on the window sticker as standard, yet mine has the two spoke. (No, I don't have paddle recoup switches or cruise control to explain this.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought if you were in europe they had different seating standards but since you are in the US I don't know why your car had the armrest and mine didn't but it does now hee hee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts