Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the latest and greatest Information please email to: [email protected]
This is an auto-reply mail box that will give you the newest information. Don't forget to Register!!!

What:
"It's OFFICIAL" Lombard St. smart Photo-Shoot is set for August 17th!"

Purpose: The purpose of this meet is to rally together all of the smart cars in the Norcal region (And anyone from anywhere else is welcome too). Meet some cool people who share the same passion, enjoy a nice cruise past San Francisco landmarks, have your picture taken at the renowned Lombard street, maybe have your smart in a movie?, and have a great lunch at downtown Sausalito?

Who: Anyone who shares a love for the smart Fortwo is welcome to join. You don’t even have to be from the San Francisco Region (How ever only people who drive a smart can participate in the photo shoot)

Where: Meet at initial staging area (Released to registered smarties). Second stop will be at Lombard Street at the first break of light.

Fee: There will be a minimal registration fee ($20 pre-register or $30 at the door) to help cover cost of Filming commission, Lombard st. homeowners association, Police, permits, and insurance for the rally.

When: August 17th, 2008, at the initial meeting point/Staging area.

Places to Stay: Hotel Majestic, the oldest continuously running hotel in San Francisco, has provided an attractive group rate. Starting Monday, June 23, call the hotel at (800) 869-8966 or http://www.thehotelmajestic.com. Ask for the SMART Rate or if you go through the website to book, just use rate code: 1019.

Proposed Agenda:
-7:00 to 8am staging area (address released to registered smarties)

-8:30 line up at Lombard street
-10:30-11:30am start scenic cruise Fort Point
-12:00am meet and greet (East parking lot of Spinnikers in Sausalito)
-12:01-2:30pm lunch and/or continued meet and greet
-3pm *Optional drive down highway 1

We will like a list of who is interested in joining us for a day of festivities (To make sure we can accommodate you. Please Register at [email protected]

The cost will be $20/car if paid in advance using paypal. You'll get a paypal invoice shortly or you can just go to www.paypal.com, (register if you don't already have an account) and send $20 to [email protected]il.com

You can also pay when you arrive on Sunday, but the cost will be $30/car. If that's your plan, please let us know via email that you will be paying at the event.

Please email:
[email protected]

with the following info...
(& if you've already done so, thanks!):

---------------------------------------------------------------
Name:
Email:
SCOA Handle:
smart Model/Color (needed for arranging the cars):
License Plate# (again for staging & possibly for the city - use "pending" if you don't have one yet):
Your City/St:
Which of the days events are you planning on attending:
Lombard St Photo: Y/N
Caravan across SF to Ocean Beach: Y/N/Maybe
Meet&Greet: Y/N/Maybe
Brunch: Y/N/Maybe
# of People for Brunch:
Afternoon Drive: Y/N/Maybe
Comments/Questions:

------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm bummed this slipped a week! I may not be able to come, and won't be able to commit until early August.

Will this be capped at 100 participants?

geosynch

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm in. Will probably have to develop a cold to get the day off, but it sounds like too much fun to miss. Good thing my boss is too busy to read this forum.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm bummed this slipped a week! I may not be able to come, and won't be able to commit until early August.

Will this be capped at 100 participants?

geosynch
Not sure if we'll have to cap it or not yet geosynch... keep watching this thread for more info!

·
Registered
47 Posts
We will like a list of who is interested in joining us for a day of festivities (To make sure we can accommodate you. Please list if you are interested in coming: Post to this thread or send a private message to Starlord …. J
:):):)

This is going to be soo much fun, lots of things in the works... so, let me get this going so we have a count... please either add your name to the list or pm Starlord so he can do it!

1.rwjrn
2.EdwardDennis
3.kathy333 (Kathy)
4.trueno1 (Gene&Cindy)
5.Starlord (Chris)
6.Carl242 (Karl)
7.factor9 (Bob&Linda)

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
1.rwjrn
2.EdwardDennis
3.kathy333 (Kathy)
4.trueno1 (Gene&Cindy)
5.Starlord (Chris)
6.Carl242 (Karl)
7.factor9 (Bob&Linda)
8.DavidV

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
1.rwjrn
2.EdwardDennis
3.kathy333 (Kathy)
4.trueno1 (Gene&Cindy)
5.Starlord (Chris)
6.Carl242 (Karl)
7.factor9 (Bob&Linda)
8.DavidV
9. dbeck03
10. John_H

·
Registered
973 Posts
For those of us in other parts of the country who are familiar with Lombard St. but can't make the event (I live in Florida) I hope you all will arrange for availablility of a high resolution photo or access to a professionsl photo or poster of all of the smarts on Lombard. Even though I won't be able to participate I would happily pay for a good photo or poster.

Thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
SMART Group Rate at Hotel Majestic

1.rwjrn
2.EdwardDennis
3.kathy333 (Kathy)
4.trueno1 (Gene&Cindy)
5.Starlord (Chris)
6.Carl242 (Carl&Lu)
7.factor9 (Bob&Linda)
8.DavidV
9. dbeck03
10. John_H
11. Piccola

Hotel Majestic, the oldest continuously running hotel in San Francisco, has provided an attractive group rate. Starting Monday, June 23, call the hotel at (800) 869-8966 or http://www.thehotelmajestic.com. Ask for the SMART Rate.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
I'm in!!

1.rwjrn
2.EdwardDennis
3.kathy333 (Kathy)
4.trueno1 (Gene&Cindy)
5.Starlord (Chris)
6.Carl242 (Carl&Lu)
7.factor9 (Bob&Linda)
8.DavidV
9. dbeck03
10. John_H
11. Piccola
12. Dunerunner (Scott)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think this is the hottest idea out there but, while I was talking to my friend who is a photographer in the Bay Area he had some concerns. His major one was that when cars are on Lombard St only the roofs of the cars are visible, unless you are getting permission to shoot the photo from one of the homes it will not be as impressive as it should be. Maybe this has already been adressed but I couldn't find a discussion of it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So glad we're going to be able to participate. This is going to be very cool!
1.rwjrn
2.EdwardDennis
3.kathy333 (Kathy)
4.trueno1 (Gene&Cindy)
5.Starlord (Chris)
6.Carl242 (Carl&Lu)
7.factor9 (Bob&Linda)
8.DavidV
9. dbeck03
10. John_H
11. Piccola
12. Dunerunner (Scott)
13.Smart Trip (Peter & Kathryn) Final destination of our X-Country adventure

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
when cars are on Lombard St only the roofs of the cars are visible, unless you are getting permission to shoot the photo from one of the homes
This perspective looks good but wrong lighting!

Sorry for the temporary hijack, We now return you to the Sign-up Thread!

Aren't you glad I'm not driving the camera for this shoot!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
missing

For those of us in other parts of the country who are familiar with Lombard St. but can't make the event (I live in Florida) I hope you all will arrange for availablility of a high resolution photo or access to a professionsl photo or poster of all of the smarts on Lombard. Even though I won't be able to participate I would happily pay for a good photo or poster.

Thanks

yes my wife and I live in east coast virginia, we travel to SF every few month but not with our smart and not the week of the picture but we would love to have a great poster of it also

·
Registered
810 Posts
Line 'em up!

1.rwjrn
2.EdwardDennis
3.kathy333 (Kathy)
4.trueno1 (Gene&Cindy)
5.Starlord (Chris)
6.Carl242 (Carl&Lu)
7.factor9 (Bob&Linda)
8.DavidV