Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 80 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
:spots::bouncies::woohoo::multi: I managed to make a deal at work to stay late on a Friday so I could get this date off. I don't have to call in sick! Count me in for everything now:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
:spots::bouncies::woohoo::multi: I managed to make a deal at work to stay late on a Friday so I could get this date off. I don't have to call in sick! Count me in for everything now:D

Ok now, just don't forget to Register!!!!:confused:......This is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!:D

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
it's here:

Hi everyone,
SF dealership sent out the email this week and we're up to 53 smarts!

According to wikipedia, the curvy part of Lombard St is 400meters long... Someone out there is probably better at math than I am and can figure out how many smarts might fit in one picture, I'm guessing 100-125..
If we get too many, we could go double wide!

If you want to join us & haven't already, please send the following info to [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 17th of August!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Name:
Email:
SCOA Handle:
smart Model/Color (needed for arranging the cars):
License Plate# (again for staging & possibly for the city - use "pending" if you don't have one yet):
Your City/St:
Which of the days events are you planning on attending:
Lombard St Photo: Y/N
Caravan across SF to Ocean Beach: Y/N/Maybe
Meet&Greet: Y/N/Maybe
Brunch: Y/N/Maybe
# of People for Brunch:
Afternoon Drive: Y/N/Maybe
Comments/Questions:

------------------------------------------------------------

:):):)

·
Registered
555 Posts
kathy333, is anyone coordinating the photographer that might be taking names of people interested in purchasing photos? This is an awesome opportunity but for those of us with prior commitments, it would be great if we could get a photo!:toot:

·
Registered
506 Posts
What a statement we prepare to make.

Since February 29th, I have been an avid ambassador, showing and telling, waving back, reveling in the smiles, mile after mile.

This Happening, this advent of change, in the Crown Jewel of California, can spread the joy and funmanship of smart far and wide...we need some Press.

Spreading the word that Proof positive, Art and Function are alive and well for Everyone, and sometimes smaller is actually better. Affordable art that's an absolute blast to drive, gets great mileage, and is astoundingly green.

And, the message is so much more than the smart - it's also the whole attutude of new, forward, green, fun; the myriad possibilities of innovation as we venture into a hopeful future.

Our little smarties are truly magnets, inviting the curious, leaving them with kind impressions of small spaces that are fun to drive. I always ask the doubters how often they drive alone. I hear, "Good point," alot.

Suze, you were right on: Press Coverage. We're making History August 17, 2008. I wonder if Roger Penzky (sp?) wouldn't like to know about this rally. Someone is going to make a smart documentary one day. Anyone know somebody interested in automotive history?

Hey, Kathy, know anyone who writes great press releases and knows the contacts? Or a local reporter? Not only is the actual Lombard Street Crawl going to be stunning, so is lunch, perhaps a planned GGB cross (someone mentioned somewhere?) I bet the hotel garage will have a great shot or two...

Does everyone agree that we have a supreme opportunity here to expand the celebration?

HULLO:smartje:...................................................the Future

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
You're right!! Maybe this type of mass meet will catch on in other areas, other chapters and THAT will definately make a good headline. I want to thank the NorCal/San Francisco Chapter for sponsoring and organizing this event. GREAT WORK!!!! :D

If you want to join us & haven't already, please send the following info to [email protected]

·
Registered
156 Posts
WOW!!!

Since February 29th, I have been an avid ambassador, showing and telling, waving back, reveling in the smiles, mile after mile.

This Happening, this advent of change, in the Crown Jewel of California, can spread the joy and funmanship of smart far and wide...we need some Press.

Spreading the word that Proof positive, Art and Function are alive and well for Everyone, and sometimes smaller is actually better. Affordable art that's an absolute blast to drive, gets great mileage, and is astoundingly green.

And, the message is so much more than the smart - it's also the whole attutude of new, forward, green, fun; the myriad possibilities of innovation as we venture into a hopeful future.

Our little smarties are truly magnets, inviting the curious, leaving them with kind impressions of small spaces that are fun to drive. I always ask the doubters how often they drive alone. I hear, "Good point," alot.

Suze, you were right on: Press Coverage. We're making History August 17, 2008. I wonder if Roger Penzky (sp?) wouldn't like to know about this rally. Someone is going to make a smart documentary one day. Anyone know somebody interested in automotive history?

Hey, Kathy, know anyone who writes great press releases and knows the contacts? Or a local reporter? Not only is the actual Lombard Street Crawl going to be stunning, so is lunch, perhaps a planned GGB cross (someone mentioned somewhere?) I bet the hotel garage will have a great shot or two...

Does everyone agree that we have a supreme opportunity here to expand the celebration?

HULLO:smartje:...................................................the Future
Well Said! I think you should use this as the press release!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Someone is going to make a smart documentary one day. Anyone know somebody interested in automotive history?
Hey Susie,
Well written indeed! To your comment above, someone is making a Documentary, and that's me. Check out:

www.smarttrip08.com

My wife and I are departing NYC next Saturday the 9th and plan to arrive SFO on the evening of the 16th just in time for the Lombard Street Rally the next morning. I kind of feel like this event is going to be the grand finale of the film and am really looking forward to participating!
-Peter

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oh, Peter, how absolutely fabulous.

You two will find that being smart ambassadors is a love-filled experience, and to take the message across the USA - well, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Will you be staying at the Majestic? They're giving us a darned good rate...

Can't wait to meet you and your sweet bride, and see all of the miles of smiles you record.

Bon Voyage!

HULLO:smartje:.............................That Golden Gate

·
Registered
274 Posts
So it's getting close to the 17th. Are there finalized plans or an itinerary? I've had a few friends express interest in seeing all the smarts, but I don't have any details to give them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Places to Stay: Hotel Majestic, the oldest continuously running hotel in San Francisco, has provided an attractive group rate. Starting Monday, June 23, call the hotel at (800) 869-8966 or http://www.thehotelmajestic.com. Ask for the SMART Rate or if you go through the website to book, just use rate code: 1019.
Just had an email that Majestic is no longer offering the discount... If you find other accomodations, please post.
Thanks, Kathy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Lombard Smarts,
Everything is coming together and everyone who's registered should be getting an email by the end of the week with details & payment instructions..

We have ~90 cars registered so far!

But, here's a shout out for some help:

We'll be staging our cars in a parking lot near Lombard. Although we're hoping to leave for Lombard by 8:30am, we've prepaid for parking till 9:00am just in case so we have time to organize, stretch, etc... :)o go to the bathroom).

There's a small grass area with a few picnic tables adjacent to our parking spaces where we thought it would be great to have coffee/food available, as it's so early in the morning. So we had a vending truck lined up, but that won't work out.

They will let us bring in coffee/snacks - even will set up extra trash bins/recycling.. we just can't sell anything. The $20/car fee is probably not going to cover expenses as it is, so we can't afford any extras.

If anyone has any hookups, ideas or just wants to sponsor morning coffee &/or snacks for the group (probably $200-400) send me a pm or email me at qtbird at gmail dot com.

Thanks, Kathy

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Kathy,

This is the closest Starbucks at Beach & Hyde - San Francisco

680 Beach Street
San Francisco, California 94109
415-409-0840

San Francisco Regional Office

455 N Point St
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 241-0256

Maybe they would be willing to host the event with coffee?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kathy,

This is the closest Starbucks at Beach & Hyde - San Francisco

680 Beach Street
San Francisco, California 94109
415-409-0840

San Francisco Regional Office

455 N Point St
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 241-0256

Maybe they would be willing to host the event with coffee?
You're on the right track... problem is we (the committee) are pretty overwhelmed at this point. I'd venture to say none of us (at least me) realized the amount of work involved and we're struggling just to get the basics done at this point....
:p:p:p

Do you (or anyone else) want to take this on (contacting starbucks, working out details, etc) if so let me know that would be great & I'll do what I can to help!

Kathy

·
Registered
35 Posts
We're in...

Just sent our registration... and we have a friend that may be joining in his Smart as well. Looking forward to the big event!

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a package of items that I need to get to the event. Is there anyone that I could ship the package to rather then dealing with flying it down with me?

Personal message me if I can ship this to you and retrieve it prior to the event.

Thanks,
Ryan

61 - 80 of 185 Posts