Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 100 of 185 Posts

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Just sent our registration... and we have a friend that may be joining in his Smart as well. Looking forward to the big event!
Make sure your friend gets registered...please send the following info to [email protected]

Kathy...I'm going to have a full week visiting family and friends in the valley and can't work the coffee issue either...If I just had a little more time....:(

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a package of items that I need to get to the event. Is there anyone that I could ship the package to rather then dealing with flying it down with me?

Personal message me if I can ship this to you and retrieve it prior to the event.

Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan,

My wife and I will be attending and are checking in at the hotel the day prior. I can take the package--- if it'll fit in the back of our car :)
We're located East of the Sacramento-metro area. I'll send you a PM with the particulars, if that's helpful. I can drive it down and hand it to you at the hotel, if you'd like.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Ryan -

Can you ship it directly to the Hotel Majestic?

I'll be checking Saturday evening and would be happy to take temporary custody of this mysterious package! (I might peep, tho!)

Suze

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
I was just going to let everyone know that the hotel is out of everything except the junior and regular suites at $150 and $195 respectively.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ooooh, got my email, paid my pals, and starting the COUNTDOWN!

90 SMARTIES...Wow. :eek:

Hey, Esteemed Committee - concerning the line-up...please remember that *my* license plates proclaim a smart "HULLO" to San Francisco and the World. Plus, my smartie is the most adorable of all the other smarties on the planet, who, it must be said, while truly cute, just don't quite possess her panache...

:rolleyes:[Ok. enough with the eyerolls...]

And about that mysterious package...ooooh, ooooh...Suze, can I help "peek" er, I mean "guard?"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Lombard St Gang!

Had an email from Peter this morning http://www.smarttrip08.com :
Got the car....its great! Drove through Times
Square with a camera crew trailing...fun stuff. Breaking for lunch in NJ,
then Westward Ho.
Oh Susie... Talk to Starlord about this one, he's figuring out the lineup :D
Hey, Esteemed Committee - concerning the line-up...please remember that *my* license plates proclaim a smart "HULLO" to San Francisco and the World. Plus, my smartie is the most adorable of all the other smarties on the planet, who, it must be said, while truly cute, just don't quite possess her panache...
JUST a week till next Sunday's photo shoot, group drive and rally in San Francisco! Cost will be $20/car in advance or $30 day of the rally... If you want to join us and haven't already done so, send your:
Name
Email Address
Smart Model/Color
License Plate
City, State
to [email protected]

And we'll send you back all the details!
:):):)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sort of off-topic, but was sitting at my computer this morning working on rally email and there was a bunch of commotion outside.

Looked out the window & there's a car rally going by (Gumball 3000 | Home) headed towards Lombard. Talked to one of them as they were waiting for a light & he said they were headed for China eventually!

Took a couple of pictures (& a video which I'll try to upload later):

Picasa Web Albums - SMART LOMBARD RALLY - Gumball3000

How funny is that?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ooooooh, pre-ty nice.:cool:

Our little smarties will blow San Francisco away...we'll have three times the cars in one third* the space...

My God, this is going to be something.

:smartje:..:smartje.zw.zw:..:smartje.rd.zw:..:smartje.wt.zw:..:smartje:..:smartje.zw.zw::smartje.rd.zw::smartje.wt.zw:..:smartje::smartje.wt.zw:..:smartje.grs.zw:..:smartje.rd.zw:

* Ok. Half the space.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Headed in from Sacramento,
a couple of us are headed into the city from sacramento. is anyone interested in caravaning? i need to make a 5 minute stop in just off the freeway in hercules but think it would be fun to drive in mass.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Headed in from Sacramento,
a couple of us are headed into the city from sacramento. is anyone interested in caravaning? i need to make a 5 minute stop in just off the freeway in hercules but think it would be fun to drive in mass.

Yes, which day? Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning? We'll be passing by Sacramento Saturday on our way to the Majestic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Some links to get you in the mood for our photo shoot next week!

First, a smart double feature from Starlord: Bob Marley car from the SF smart center that will hopefully join us & our smarts driving down Lombard double wide this morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1QGTyR8xA

The Gumball3000 rally on the way to Lombard yesterday:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5949251232272560138&pr=goog-sl

And finally don't forget to keep an eye on Peter's blog:
www.smarttrip08.com

See you next week!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Peter and Kathryn-
Yours is going to be one of the most beautiful anniversary 'albums' ever. Please keep the 'post'cards coming...:type:

Peter and Kathryn,
riding in a smart
Some call it Techno,
some call it Art -
Across this great wide country,
Headed out West
giving that smartie a National test.

Silly in love, their first year wed;
ambassadors of joy -
An Anniversary of the Future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
so for those headed from sac or other points east of sf shall we caravan. i need to make 5 minute stop just off the freway in hercules but think it would be fun to arrive en-mass. let me know asilverstein at hotmail (the thread would let me enter my email in the traditional manner)

amanda

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ok, smarties - a novice press release...

San Francisco Chronicle
News Desk Chief

"Having never written a 'press release' before, please forgive a novice.

On Sunday morning around 8 AM, Aug 17th 2008, there will be a rally of an anticipated 90 smart cars converging on Lombard St for a photo shoot, a day of smarting around the City, and a stab at spanning the glorious Golden Gate Bridge. I feel this is important on a number of levels:

1. Much more than merely "enthusiasts," many smart owners share a vision of the future of transportation, and chose to become participants in 'taking the leap.' (I see the smart car as a fusion of Techno and Art...but that's just me. <grin>)

2. Far from an 'advertisement' for smart, I see as the more the more important point, the Pensky Story of bringing smart to Americans, and the obvious relationship to innovation and American Jobs, as part of a broader message: The smart story is a very green story.

3. Culturally, the more "Regular Americans" are exposed to the joys of inspiration and innovation, I believe the "Regular American" Psyche will slowly open to Change, becoming more embracing of and positive about the future, as opposed to clinging to the fears of 'risk' that are so blocking to progress.

Anyway, since you are the News Desk, I thought you might have a reporter or two who would be interested in exploring the fabric of the smart idea, it's relevance to the need for Change in how we live and perceive personal transportation; and the extraordinary backdrop San Francisco provides for this unique Happening.

Here's a link to the Smart Car of America (SCOA) forum page for this event, all started by a small idea that grew into this!:
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f56/official-2008-norcal-region-smart-rally-lombard-st-photoshoot-9719/

Some folks are making documentaries, and one couple is driving from New York. It's a long thread, but interesting.

Your time is much appreciated, and I thank you so much,

Susie Fischer"

Hope that passes muster.

HULLO:smartje:......................................................V A C A T I O N

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Wow!!! No partying smilies, No rhymes, No bouncing rhythm, Informative and interesting......YOU PASS!!! Great Press release, it says it all !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
susie
could you please send to the new desk the email that had all the times and events agenda so they know we are meeting to stage...they might want to track the whole event.
just trying to help

81 - 100 of 185 Posts