Smart Car of America Forum banner

101 - 120 of 185 Posts

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Nice job, Susie!

Your excitement is contagious! (I've caught it!)

:spots:

:smartje.rd.zw: :smartje: ......(Sister-smarts on the road to SF!).....

:bouncies:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks, Everybody. And, good eye, smartwins - :yelclap: Sent updating for Staging at Ft. Mason to News Chief.

I'm going to check out KRON TV; They're an oldie from my childhood...San Francisco. The old Green Street Theatre in North Beach. 59 years ago. Herb Caen. Coit Tower. The Mission. Playland. Dolores Park. Luke's Corner Store. Busses, streetcars, and trollies.

Now look. Lombard Street on Sunday.

Whooo ee. 118 smarties. Such a big idea; such a small footprint. What a community we are.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well, tweaked PR a bit to include staging time/place, and sent to KRON TV. Don't really have a clue as to how to do this - so just emailing important News Desks.:rolleyes:

Anybody got an "in" with Pensky? I can't believe a rally of this size, in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, comprised of such a far-traveling throng of smarties, wouldn't interest our smart Champion.

Does smart center San Francisco have any interest in this so-much-more-than-a-photo-op to help get some Press?

Kathy333, does anyone have a megaphone? Talking to hundreds of yakking, excited smarters, might prove difficult without a little amplification...:megaphone: "OK smarties: Listen up! The bathrooms are located for your convenience..." (God, please let there be a bathroom.)

From the videos showing the "end" of other Lombard St Crawls, it appears to empty into traffic...and I'm wondering if I missed the next move...I probably missed it.

Oooh, this is just incredibly exciting.

·
Registered
101 Posts
OK, late decision, just signed up and already made my PayPal payment.

White Passion Coupe, Black Tridion, Tan Interior
Getting my windows tinted (legal) today, just for the event.

Bringing my 16 year old daughter to ride shotgun.

Looking forward to being a part of history.

Jim

·
Registered
145 Posts
I guess I need to get my plans set here but before I go out and make some reservations I wanted to reach out to the community first.

I will be flying in Saturday the 16th in the early afternoon to Oakland and plan on cabbing it into the city. Is there by chance anyone that will be heading from the Oakland airport area to SF?

As of right now I tentatively planning on staying in Downtown SF, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ryan
I'm just catching back up on this thread, but if no one addressed it you can get a shuttle bus to the Coliseum BART station and get to SF easily. Now you're over at Union Square, so you're not close to the hotel (if you're staying there). Anyway, try 511.org for the Bay Area transit planner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just found out about this - and just got our smartie a few weeks ago - and we'll be there from Long Beach, CA. Maybe we'll drive with a caravan from So Cal, maybe no - either way, we'll enjoy this adventure!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
We just found out about this - and just got our smartie a few weeks ago - and we'll be there from Long Beach, CA. Maybe we'll drive with a caravan from So Cal, maybe no - either way, we'll enjoy this adventure!
Great to see someone from the southern reaches of SoCal at the meet!! Make sure to, and I know you did, register by following the links in the original post. See ya there!!!

Are we at 130 yet?

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Saturday...

:wave: A shout out to other smarties staying in town (or locals).

Who's interested in a pre-rally meet Saturday night?

We're arriving in SF mid to late after noon, Saturday. :smartje.grs.zw: :smartje.rd.zw:

Who's up for happy hour or dinner? :cheers:

I expect Susie to say YES, cuz she's my road trip buddy. :burnout::burnout:

Anybody else? Pre-party party!

:bouncies:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ooooh yeah....:party:...drinkipoos, din-din, howdy-doos...

:spots:

Isn't there a bar/restaurant at the Majestic? Lordy, I hope so.

Hey, sistersmart - do you have a laptop? I'm thinking pics...?

:burnout::burnout:

<cracking up>

·
Registered
9 Posts
channel 3 on the Family Radio Service will work..also does anyone have a mic that work over a FM radio. then we all tune to that selected frequency.

101 - 120 of 185 Posts