Smart Car of America Forum banner

121 - 140 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
channel 3 on the Family Radio Service will work..also does anyone have a mic that work over a FM radio. then we all tune to that selected frequency.
I am *just now* checking into an AM transmitter (no license required) that will allow us all to tune in on our radios to hear the coordinator and it should easily cover the immediate area. The Portland, OR shop may be able to have everything together before I head down Friday.

If this turns out as a way to go, I'll coordinate with the head folks for the event.

If anyone else has the AM or FM transmitter (FCC part 15 unlicensed) I'd love to hear! Otherwise, I'm looking to buy one tomorrow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Race,

What time are you thinking of heading out from the BB toll plaza over to Ft Mason ? I'm heading over from Berkeley.

Vince
I'll vote for the early side.........7am? Personally, I'm at 580/Keller in Oakland, so it's not even 10 mins to get to the toll booths.

Anyone else interested can email me directly at [email protected]

Ken

·
Registered
145 Posts
Something to consider I found out about today from a guy I know on one of my racing forums. Seems they did the same thing (for maybe 30 cars) awhile back. Same "donation" to the HOA, off duty police, photographer in the boom truck (who he said had quite the time with that day's 30mph winds!).............and one of the residents wanted to leave.

I can get more details if necessary, but I thought I'd throw it out there as a contingency that might not have been covered.

·
Registered
970 Posts
.............and one of the residents wanted to leave.

Oy, that must have been interesting.. Hope the sport cars were not too low scraping down that hill!

We went on an impromptu Lombard attack with a big group of Minis once, no residents left and not too many cars broke us up, was a fun rambunctious run but not so professional.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Could one of you guys bump-up or sticky the official schedule for Sunday morning, please?
Good idea, my directions give the staging area at, and at 7:30 to meet the SFPD then we need to get going to Lombard by 8:30am.

What time do you want everyone checked into the staging area?

How long is the Lombard shoot expected to run?

How long under the Golden Gate Bridge?

Will we make it to Sausilito by 11:00am?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah, if we get some firm times, I'll copy and post 'em in the Majestic Hotel lobby when I check-in on Saturday. Also, some attendees may need directions from the hotel to the assembly point, in the event folks become caught up in traffic. May I suggest a sticky posted here and we all can print it out to take with us...?

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Sorry Kathy, Trueno1 apparently has been updating that post and I haven't looked back at it since this thread got to 8 pages, my bad!!

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Yep -

Proposed Agenda:
-7:00 to 8am staging area (address released to registered smarties)

-8:30 line up at Lombard street
-10:30-11:30am start scenic cruise Fort Point
-12:00am meet and greet (East parking lot of Spinnikers in Sausalito)
-12:01-2:30pm lunch and/or continued meet and greet
-3pm *Optional drive down highway 1

:) :smartje.rd.zw:

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's one for the scrapbook...

Manohmanohman...if KRON TV doesn't show up with a crew, helicopters, satellite feed...boy, will they be sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You know Mr Penske is in town :)
They are testing at Sears Point (um, I mean Infineon Raceway) this week for the IRL race next week.
I'm thinking of heading up there tomorrow !!!

Vince

·
Registered
525 Posts
You know Mr Penske is in town :)
They are testing at Sears Point (um, I mean Infineon Raceway) this week for the IRL race next week.
I'm thinking of heading up there tomorrow !!!

Vince
I wonder if he knows.........

it would be great press.

121 - 140 of 185 Posts