Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ohio April Fools 2013 (Tour de Buckeye) Driving to work one Friday morning

Driving to work one Friday morning I noticed at least a dozen Smart Cars parked at a local hotel near my home.That evening I picked up my mother and her 2009 Smart Fortwo and drove to see what was going on.

After meeting some of the nicest Smart Car people they invited us to join the Smart Car Parade the next morning. We accepted and made it to the first stage at the Germain dealership location. We took allot of pictures and had a great time.

I uploaded the photos of the event to Photobucket. We also included some before and after pictures of our Smart Car Roxy. Enjoy

Ohio April 2013 Driving To Work One Friday Morning Photos by computerscott82 | Photobucket

·
Super Moderator
28,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Scott, thanks for posting and for leading us over to the Germain dealership Saturday morning. It was great to meet you and your mother - hope you can join us for the smart Nationals in Denver this July. :)

PS - thanks for the video - did you hear us honking as you went by?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi Santa, when we were in the circle at the park (you know, the park where the light never changed to green again! LOL) during the April Fool's get-together, you showed Ed and me that neat little gizmo you had on your back window that kept it open enough to ventilate the car. (Whew, that was a long sentence! :eek: )

Anyhow, you said you made it. The gizmo. I'm "charging" Ed with the responsibility of making one for me! It needs to be the same shape and dimensions as the one already on the window. But how is it attached?

Regards,

Kathy

PS: Thanks for the Smarties! :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ho Ho Ho So Sorry

Kathy,
Santa hates to disappoint you, but he doesn't have anything that keeps his back window open, other than the gas shocks that come with the smart car from the factory. He also didn't bring any smarties - I think that was JWight. Santa brought money to everyone who came to the outing. Ho! Ho! Ho! If you find who made it I would like to see it as well.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,084 Posts
Reading this last exchange made me think of something that I'd like to see at smart events in general: a show and tell time.

Have those who are willing and have made mods to their car give a show and tell demonstration of those mods (difficulty, cost, PM my username on SCoA for more info, etc.) for the group in an organized fashion. Might need to set a time limit for some of our overachieving modders and those interested can follow up later. Maybe everything you need to know about my smart mods in 5 minutes or less...

I know this usually happens in an ad hoc manner with a few people at a time, but invariably you don't know whose car it is, you forget to ask later, or they're not with their car or they have to repeat it 20 times for everyone who asks. Those who aren't interested in mods can just socialize, but the geeks/gearheads can see some things they've possibly never seen before or always wanted to see in person.

Just an idea for all the smart event planners out there... :)

81 - 89 of 89 Posts