Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're getting close enough that things are starting to fall into place - as good as a plan any day...:wink:

Friday, April 5th: motel check in, meet & greet, dinner (location TBD) around 7 p.m. or so

Saturday, April 6th: leave the motel around 9:00 a.m., caravan to smart center Easton. Local folks can plan on meeting us there around 9:15 a.m. The smart center will have parking arranged, plus coffee & donuts. Depart on the drive portion around 10:00 a.m.

Drive details - forthcoming

Return to smart center Easton around 3:00 p.m. Working on a location for a group photo in Columbus, plus dinner Saturday night.

Sunday, April 7th: breakfast at a reasonable hour, departure for home.

More details to follow. :)

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
I'm planning to come but I think that I will fly in same as last year since my kid still has his job and I can get a discount. I fly standby so there is always the chance I won't make it but, I will.

So, I am looking for a ride as a passenger in a smart for Saturday's Caravan.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey John (jwight) I will be making it to the dinner friday night! Where will the dinner be held at & location?

I hope Santa and Mrs Claus bring us all gifts i have been Awesome this year :D. Looking frw to meeting a lot of new faces!!!

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
...don't know if there will be any room left in the sleigh for presents with all the coal he's bringing for some of you guys...

jetfuel...off the list...

·
Super Moderator
28,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey John (jwight) I will be making it to the dinner friday night! Where will the dinner be held at & location?

I hope Santa and Mrs Claus bring us all gifts i have been Awesome this year :D. Looking frw to meeting a lot of new faces!!!

Thanks,

Eric
Eric, way too early for the Fri night dinner details - looking for suggestions from some of the Columbus folks but it might be wise if we stayed with the motel restaurant since there will be people arriving all evening. :)

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,099 Posts
Eric, way too early for the Fri night dinner details - looking for suggestions from some of the Columbus folks but it might be wise if we stayed with the motel restaurant since there will be people arriving all evening. :)
As another suggestion, it looks like there is an Applebees just down the street if they could handle a group on a Friday night, but probably not easily.

Edit: I don't think I confirmed it, but Myra and I now plan to be there for dinner Friday night.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As another suggestion, it looks like there is an Applebees just down the street if they could handle a group on a Friday night, but probably not easily.

Edit: I don't think I confirmed it, but Myra and I now plan to be there for dinner Friday night.
Yes there is a Applebees across the street from the smart center. you may want to call first and let them know how many people and see.

·
Super Moderator
28,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saturday drive info

The driving itinerary will be available shortly. In the meantime, some general comments:

Looks like we'll have 25+ cars - a big gaggle. Bring your FRS/GMRS radios if you have them.

Have a full gas tank when we start out.

This is a scenic drive, not a road race. We'll keep to the speed limits and other traffic laws.

Other folks have a right to the roads, so if they need to get into the caravan for some reason, please be courteous.

Bring your cameras; hopefully somebody can do some video along the drive.

Need a couple of volunteers - one for the middle of the pack and one at the very back, with radios preferably. If the line gets too strung out (as opposed to the drivers) these folks can help with reports while getting cars through intersections and stop lights.

As usual, check tires, fluids, light bulbs, etc. before undertaking this trip into the wilds of east central Ohio! :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
As I recall, Barney you never had a problem keeping up. I am in Florida now, and I hope the weather is for the better before I return home.
ST Patty"s day in Fort Meyers.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
As I recall, Barney you never had a problem keeping up. I am in Florida now, and I hope the weather is for the better before I return home.
ST Patty"s day in Fort Meyers.
Figured John wouldn't want a rear view of my mug on his bumper all day so thought I'd hang out at the back of the pack and pickup pieces from Jet's car along the way..:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts