Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2010 Smart that we bought primarily for towing behind our RV. It only has 8000 miles on the odometer. I just want an oil change this year (had the 10K mile inspection done in 2012.) Have any of you found other places that can do oil changes on the Smart? Jiffy Lube type place? I'm tired of taking it to Mercedes with all of their up-selling.........

Jan

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
If you don't like upselling, what would you expect at Jiffy Lube or similar chains? There is HEAVY inducement at those places for managers to produce high average repair orders.

Besides, I wouldn't trust a smart car of mine to any independent shop that didn't have significant specific smart training and/or experience.

As little as you drive, paying the dealer every other year for an oil change done right seems like cheap insurance.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
We have a 2010 Smart that we bought primarily for towing behind our RV. It only has 8000 miles on the odometer. I just want an oil change this year (had the 10K mile inspection done in 2012.) Have any of you found other places that can do oil changes on the Smart? Jiffy Lube type place? I'm tired of taking it to Mercedes with all of their up-selling.........

Jan
Find a professional repair shop that specializes in European cars and have them do it. A quick lube place may or may not use the correct type of European oil and may or may not properly tighten the drain plug. There is nothing mysterious about the process.

You will have some tell you how easy it is to do it yourself and that is true but not everyone is interested in doing it themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts