Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 g&k converted Mercedes Smart 450. I've had this car for a while but forgot what oil filter to buy. Any advice? I think I have used Mobil One, Wix. It's on the bottom of car and I just screw it on. I dont believe I have the kind where you place a paper filter into a metal case and then screw it on. I have changed the oil plenty of times but apparently recycled or threw old ones away and now I'm at a loss. I dont want to put on one that will hurt the engine. I have been using OW 40 Mobil One Synthetic. Just under 48k on miles.
Thanks for any advice or help. I think I have pandemic memory loss syndrome. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, this is why I'm a bit confused. This seems to be for 450's before they were converted by g&k. Is this correct? Are't the drain pans on the g&k converted 450's different than OEM's. I have used oil filters you can buy inside stores like AutoZone for my car. I'm trying to find out what brand and number on the box. Like Mobil One M 108? 113? for my car. I have never used the throw a paper filter into a metal can thing ever.

·
Registered
2009 451 Rally Red, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, Wix XP 51356, 185/55R15 tires, 44 psl
1,073 Posts
You probably have the cartridge to canister conversion...

I think it’s the same filter as a 1995 Ford Probe, 4 cylinder...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ford Probe?
Is there a technical maintenane area for g&k 450 owners on this forum I missed? Can anyone help with what brand of canister oil filter to buy or have shipped from Utah or Denver?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts