Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a ultragauge and I read where it does not have the oil pressure included because it does not go through the OBD, so I found an old forum that Chris @ pitstopautoinc has a brass fitting that goes above the oil filter where the sending unit is now. Two questions does the ultragauge show water temp, does it go through the OBD and the second one is who has put in an oil pressure gauge and where. Difficulty 1-10 Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other thing is are they all manual oil line from fitting to meter , electrical sending unit. It has been sometime since I put gauges in and things have changed a LOT. I know it is still the same principle but technology is different. I did find out that the ultra does show water temp. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
The 451 Mitsu has only a pressure switch to let the ECU know there is pressure only... Don't know what pressure it turns on at ??
You will need a metric "T" fitting and a metric to standard pipe adapter to connect an electrical sending unit to...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if this will work but here is a pic of one on a Smart. The forum is old and I haven't heard back from him last post 2011. I just don't know if it has a line to the gauge or if they are electric now ?? It would seem from the pic that it is a line unless the top part is a sending unit. Cold and rainy here today so I don't think I will go lay on the cold concrete to see what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
...you could always install a Hobart adjustable pressure transducer as a ground seeking to an "idiot" light..

Jetfuel...simple...

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Went there, still don't know. Really don't care. Every since I replaced the gauges in my Ghia with a full set of cockpit series, I've liked them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't attach for some reason now?? So I will see if this works attached is the adapter that I found to go in the Metric T hope this is right. Any help is appreciated.

Conversion Adapter, Brass, 1/8 In.

Technical Specs

• ItemConversion Adapter
  • Body MaterialBrass
  • Pipe Size1/8" x 1/8"
  • Connection TypeMBSP x FNPT
  • Max. Pressure1000 psi
  • Outside Dia.25/64"
  • Hex Size13/32"
  • Temp. Range-65 Degrees to 250 Degrees F
  • StandardsASA/ASME
  • Fittings Sub-CategoryAdapters