Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, Sunday afternoon, November 25th, 2007...hopefully starting Monday the confirmation process will start again. Think it was up to 1196??? Since we are reservation number: 1210 and I think someone thought there are about three to five comfirmations per work day (Monday thru Friday I would hope), should we possibly be notified this upcoming week? Any comments??? All will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah,Let's. I am 1197. so I can't wait to config and confirm my yellow/black with smokin' red interior Smart. I'm planning on putting a rear spoiler on it as well,check out the British Smart Accessories web sites,they have a lot of neat add-ons. I will check on compatiblity first. Maybe this is my week...feels like Christmas is coming!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I am NOT buying Smart Car Xmas presents until I get to configure the lil bugger

Profile to the left has the details... I am out of town 28th through 14th so a tad concerned

MY Yellow on Black with Leather Baby Bee will get lowered onto progressive rate springs, black powder-coated rims lighter and wider as well as the rubber...

I am still researching changing the drums in the rear to disk brakes...

Motor will end up in the 100~110HP range when I am done and I might cobble in one of my race bike NOS systems for really p***ing in a hurry...

I like to old skool wheel flares from the 450 days but think the Brabus squared off crap for the 451 is butt ugly so I am waiting to see who else makes a decent set of wheel flairs and perhaps full areo kit...

re areo kit... most of the time they are too gaudy so I am not seriously thinking slammed areo full tuner look

I am NOT a fan of loud angry chain saw exhaust systems so I am still looking for full flow but quiet...

Interior will get appropriate stereo amp and speaker upgrades, a Ham radio install and a few other tweaks

Come on SmartUSA...send us the letter!

·
Registered
533 Posts
... Ham radio install and a few other tweaks
Hey Fredvon4, any ideas on what model radio? I have a Yeasu FTM-10R that I move between the car and bike. It's a great little dual band and it can use a bluetooth headset for a microphone! THe bluetooth works fantastic with the Scala Rider headset in my helmet. The only things I don't like about it are the lack of programming software and the weird mic connections.

I have a pretty good Idea of how I would install in in the smart.

What are your thoughts on antennas? I have a Tram throug-the-glass on my car that actually works very well.

sf

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey Fredvon4, any ideas on what model radio? I have a Yeasu FTM-10R that I move between the car and bike. It's a great little dual band and it can use a bluetooth headset for a microphone! THe bluetooth works fantastic with the Scala Rider headset in my helmet. The only things I don't like about it are the lack of programming software and the weird mic connections.

I have a pretty good Idea of how I would install in in the smart.

What are your thoughts on antennas? I have a Tram throug-the-glass on my car that actually works very well.

sf
Need to get with Bob Diaz as he has taken pictures and has looked into the ham antenna situation for me. I think I might be able to attach the L-braket at the fender frame between the hood and fender gap. Otherwise, it will be a Kulglass Larsen dead center in the windshield as the wipers are clap handed.

I will put my Icom 208H in the dash.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
In another thread we talked Ham mobile install

I have too many 2/440 rigs right not to justify the FTM 10R BUT I seriously think that IT is the appropriate rig for the dinky car...

I really like how little it is and I only stay on one simplex freq any way so not concerned with the diminutive size but argggg the Lil radio is pricey...especially with the options I would need/Desire

I do NOT ever magnet mount antennas...and all the good 2/440 VHF ground plane gain antennas can be had in small enough size to mount just about any where on top.... think hole, NMO mount, thin coax, and screw the stinger on n go.... If you opt for a tall stinger, just get the one with fold over mount for sticking the car in the garage... I may even splurge and get the motorized mount-- from Cushcraft --I think

·
Registered
275 Posts
In another thread we talked Ham mobile install

I have too many 2/440 rigs right not to justify the FTM 10R BUT I seriously think that IT is the appropriate rig for the dinky car...

I really like how little it is and I only stay on one simplex freq any way so not concerned with the diminutive size but argggg the Lil radio is pricey...especially with the options I would need/Desire

I do NOT ever magnet mount antennas...and all the good 2/440 VHF ground plane gain antennas can be had in small enough size to mount just about any where on top.... think hole, NMO mount, thin coax, and screw the stinger on n go.... If you opt for a tall stinger, just get the one with fold over mount for sticking the car in the garage... I may even splurge and get the motorized mount-- from Cushcraft --I think
I have a mag mount in case of a natural disaster were I to need to stick it on a red cross van.

Motorized mount is from Diamond. It's a K9000

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
we jest yakking waiting for a 1200 number to jump in and exclaim that they finally got to the next level of Smart Car Zen....

But yes it was a full blown hijack and I should apologize..but first, Dave, yes, the K9000 was the one I was thinking of.

OK sorry for the hijack I will go to my room now and not post in this thread again until we get info that IB has fired up their e-mail machines today....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tuesday - November 27th, 2007 and still waitting (#1210) but did see that # 1200 was notified...and it's only Tuesday...might be confirmed before December 1st!!!:woohoo

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Don't know the daily rate with any accuracy but is seems to be several "days worth of reservations invited per "send"...

Yesterday we had a #1197, a #1198, and a #1200 that got the e-mail

But how many per day is only relevant to how many days per week the send the notices.... I don't think we are tracking that very good (too many threads)

I been trying to see a trend and it seems every Monday for sure, and we have some Friday indications and I think maybe a Thursday

They started sending the invites to configure back near the beginning of Sept and I still can not see any clear trends...

This is because of the 8000+ members in this site only about 55 to 150 are active posting members

No way for any of us to know HOW MANY "insider reservations for $99" were made on any particular day.... I could be the only person to "reserve" last April 30th (1215) or one of hundreds or thousands to reserve that day---Same with you on the 22nd of June...We know at least one person spent $99 that day.. YOU!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well, in our case, as soon as we get our "confirmation e-mail notice" I'll be sure to post it here it this site. I think that helps to keep track of the progress as much as possible for this group.;) Besides Fredvon4, you aren't that much behind us!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Fred, without knowing the number of reservations per given date it is impossible to trend. I would venture a guess that they would want to indicate the specs for at least a 60 day production period in advance which could correlate to approx 4000 units?:confused:

·
Registered
533 Posts
There was a ham radio thread on here at one point....
You'r right. Sorry. I think I started the Ham stuff.

If we are going to be good forum citizens, this thread should be in the rumors/reservations forum. If not, can anybody tell me if muslims are allowed to use Ham radios?

<bored>

Does anybody have a spreadsheet of SCOA members with Res Dates/Numbers/confirmation dates?

I'm sitting way up here on #1363

1 - 20 of 23 Posts