Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone
I'm BACK
I was a member back in 2012 when I owned a 2008 Yellow Smart Convertible and I was at Jam on the Dam II.
Back then I was just "Joe Lefors" but I sold the car, forgot my password and closed the email account linked to this forum.
So, I'm back as "Jo e Lefors" driving a 2009 Blue and Silver SMART Passion Convertible / Cabriolet.
This is what has happened since I was a member here last...and just before.

2011-2012... 2005 Honda Shadow motorcycle SOLD
2012-2013....2008 Yellow and black Smart Cabriolet SOLD
2014-2015....2009 Yamaha V-Star motorcycle SOLD
2015-2016....2009 Kymco xciting 500abs and 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 SOLD
2016- ..........2009 Blue and Silver Smart Cabriolet (my four wheel motor scooter)

This one is not my daily driver as the yellow one was. This Smart is for Top down cruising with my wife, if it gets too hot, cold, windy or rainy the top and windows comes up. She really likes the heated seats.
She was never comfortable riding on the back of motorcycles or scooters and I didn't blame her. I never really got into motorcycle riding like others I know. I hated helmets in 110 degrees, having to carry layers of clothes. I gave motorcycles and scooters a good try and I still have my helmets jusssst in case. I never say never.
I will say the burgman 650 (fast) and kymco 500 both with auto trans. were the most fun to ride.
We looked at Trikes and the Can Am Spyder both too expensive even used. Miata a little too small. All the BMW Z3's I looked at were beat up.
As for the mini Cooper it was getting too big for the space allotted in my garage. Meaning I had the same space I was using for my motorcycles.
When I decided on another Smart convertible. My wife just kind of rolled her eyes. I told her I didn't dislike the Smart, I just did want it as a daily driver. I have 2009 Toyota Yaris for everyday, plus my mint 1996 Chrysler T&C mini Van and my wife has her 2016 Escape suv. I think we are set vehicle wise...I miss having a truck though.

Funny thought...When I was riding my Burgman, people would say 'You're riding a SCOOTER?"
My answer was 'Hey, I don't have a problem with it, I use to drive a Smart car.

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You.

Is. jkjahobbs still around, she bought my 2008 yellow and black SMART and took it to Texas.

·
Registered
249 Posts
THat;s what I look at my Smartie as, a fourwheel enclosed vehicle with and AC for a man my age. I have had my time with MCs and loved 'em all, but I just wasn't using them at the end so sold them. Then I was idle for a couple years, now I have a Smartie Brabus and love it.
This one is back like my last MC, so it is cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts