Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the glass, minimal bodywork expanse, and visibility of (especially) the seat headrests and dash trim, the interior colors must also be considered when chosing the external color - at least in daylight. E.g., the yellow body is OK, but when combined with, say, the red & black interior it would begin to look like a coral snake that just ate a big frog - a bit garish. Likewise, a good, balanced body/trid color combination might well be hijacked by a too-visible and overpowering interior. Black body/silver trid/solid black interior - the silver trid can't hold its own; blue body/silver trid/beige & black interior - a confusing mass of four competing colors.

·
Registered
564 Posts
fishrdnc, I'm very much with you on this line of thinking.

The problem with the interior is it starts out with two colors, black and silver, regardless of which fabric you select. If you choose a body color which is neither black nor silver, you're already at three colors.

Per an earlier thread, three colors looks very attractive, but four can look rather "busy". I'm focusing on either black/silver or silver/black as my exterior selection. I would consider the red or beige interiors with those combos, but not if the body panels were, say, blue or yellow.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me, even the silver trid is a little problematic. My first choice is white-on-black with the red & black interior – three tight colors. (And I might just be tempted to have the front brake calipers powder-coated red as an offset to the red tail lights!)

[/IMG]

But as an alternative I thought of silver-on-silver with the r & b interior. But (1) the painted silver metallic panels are slightly different in color than the powder-coated silver trid, and there is still quite of bit of exterior black (the door sills and handles, the windshield surround, across the lower front, and the rear window surround), so three (or 2-1/2) colors just on the outside. If I could get a truly homologous (there’s that word again) silver with the r & b interior I might be happy. That combo goes all the way back to the M-B “Silver Arrows” of the 1930’s, including their red & black plaid seats. I might even be tempted to change to M-B tristars!

·
Registered
798 Posts
I was originally going with silver/black tridion w/black interior but ordered white w/silver tridion, which reads almost tone on tone and looks pretty sophisticated if you ask me :) And the red interior makes for a nice punctuation to the seemingly solid exterior.

The white w/black tridion is cute--but a little one dimensional (IMHO) and a bit too Geek Squad for me. Strikes me as a clown car--and clowns, don't even get me started about clowns :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
The white w/black tridion is cute--but a little one dimensional (IMHO) and a bit too Geek Squad for me. Strikes me as a clown car--and clowns, don't even get me started about clowns :)
If a car is a passion and has a silver tri, and is not silver there are essentially three colors exposed. The tri color, the body panel color and , the smoke color of the roof.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Whatever panels are hung, a silver "tridion-ed" body still has a fair amount of black (under the windshield, across the bottom of the front panel, under the doors, door handles, and a lot around the rear window).

·
Registered
26 Posts
:)Hi
I requested a yellow with black trid passion, but I am uncertain about int color. are there any good pics out there that lets us compare the available choices

1 - 9 of 9 Posts