Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, along with six other SoCal smarties, made the drive from Southern California to Denver... and three of us up to Pikes Peak.
I used my GoPro camera to record several drives we did along the way. First up is The Virgin River Gorge in Arizona on I-15 north:
https://vimeo.com/70905253
Soon will come The Arches National Park drive. I drove on every road available in that park with the camera on.
Then the Colorado National Monument Park drive. The whole drive with the camera on.
I did the Pikes Peak drive also, but had fogging problems the higher I went.

:wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am enjoying your videos soooo much. DH & I just returned from 5 of the nat'l parks in Utah and because we were traveling in his truck the week following Denver, my Smartie got garage time :(
Would like to know how you managed to video so beautifully -- my photos out of a bug-filled front windshield really suck!
I will set aside time to view more of your photos/videos ... and from others that made the national rally to Pike's Peak. THANKS so very much for sharing!
Mindy in KC

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am enjoying your videos soooo much. DH & I just returned from 5 of the nat'l parks in Utah and because we were traveling in his truck the week following Denver, my Smartie got garage time :(
Would like to know how you managed to video so beautifully -- my photos out of a bug-filled front windshield really suck!
I will set aside time to view more of your photos/videos ... and from others that made the national rally to Pike's Peak. THANKS so very much for sharing!
Mindy in KC
Mindy,
The GoPro camera was mounted by suction cup to the outside of the windshield. It was even with the top of the car and did not block my view out the front windshield. Waterproof housing keeps the camera dry. Wide angle on the camera and shooting in HD helps too.:cool:

David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts