Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just plunked down my $99 deposit and got in line. Very excited about the car, it's so different from everything else out there. Have a family car, and this looks to be a perfect commuter/around towner. Small, efficient, lots of fun. Going to get a Passion, red or maybe yellow, with the leather and comfort package. Will go aftermarket for a sound system. Question: was told a twenty-two month wait. Is that about right?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome to the club!
My dealership was telling people 12 months, but 22 sounds much more realistic based on what I have read around here. But who knows? It is sort of like predicting the weather. :D There is always the option of adopting an orphan if you just can't wait.

I put my reservation in at the end of May, so I'm in the same boat. On the plus side, there may be more models available when it is time to configure. I'm hoping to land a Micro Hybrid Drive model in Passion trimmings - if there such a thing existes then. Hopefully all of these little glitches will be ironed out by that time as well.

There are several smart car books on Amazon, which may help you pass the time while waiting for the car to arrive. That's what I'm doing.

Best wishes

Jeff in Atlanta

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sad to say but that sounds about right. I got an orphan since my car is expected to be here around Dec. 09. Great name btw and welcome to the wonderful world of smart!

4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Actually, 22 months should be perfect. That's about when my oldest turns 16, and will inherit my VW Golf (100,000 miles currently). The Golf is paid for, and runs well, so don't really need the Smart yet. As you say, there may be new models/options available, plus time for aftermarket folks to catch up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts