Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We´re over 2000 miles away from home in our hometown, we´re having a great time, so far in just 3 days we have seen several Fortwos and 2 Forfours.
I almost forgot, we saw a couple of 451s in Oklahoma City, in our way from Kansas to Texas.
I´ll post pictures later.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the pics of the ones I could take:

At the airport:

On the streets:

This is the Smart Center Guadalajra:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty expensive huh??
Just kidding, actually that would be like $13,852 US Dollars :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Buzz over to Chapala, there are many Smarts amongst the Gringos retired there. Tell me about the Mexico portion of your drive. See any banditos?

·
Registered
369 Posts
That black & white forfour looks like a panda.

Big Panda......... you hiding out in Mexico, or is Fiat sending you there to be closer to the manufacturing and distribution?

It's nice to see smarts outside the USA, just wish we could get some of them. :( (diesels & roadsters)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buzz over to Chapala, there are many Smarts amongst the Gringos retired there. Tell me about the Mexico portion of your drive. See any banditos?
We are planning a trip to Chapala with the guys from Smart Club Mexico on the 26th!! We didn´t drive in Mexico, we just drove from Kansas to the DFW airport. We have been driving here in Guadalajara and the only thing we see is tons of reckless drivers :D

While you're down there, make sure to stop in and see RVGRINGO :p

We'll meet with RVGringo the 26th!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
We are planning a trip to Chapala with the guys from Smart Club Mexico on the 26th!! We didn´t drive in Mexico, we just drove from Kansas to the DFW airport. We have been driving here in Guadalajara and the only thing we see is tons of reckless drivers :D
We'll meet with RVGringo the 26th!!
:cool: I go there several times a year. My mother is one of those crazy gringos that retired there. No matter what anyone says don't touch any fresh cut fruit or salad. If you do get a "violent" episode Cipro is the cure. It's available at any pharmacia. My dentist is in Chapala. Cleanings are $30 and resin fillings are $50. There is a great massage place a block towards town from the American Legion. Lolita is her name. For lunch I recommend Marios in San Antonio and dinner...Tangos in Ajijic.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tips Okiesmrt.

This weekend we went to Mexico City, what a beautiful city!!
All the myths about violence and insecurity are just that: myths.
The only problem we saw was: the city is so big and the traffic is so horrible, it takes forever to go from point A to point B, one weekend is not enough to enjoy this huge city.
I´ll post pictures when I can transfer them to the computer, we saw at least 5 Smarts a day.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yesterday, ALSRAC and his beautiful family joined us, and several Guadalajara club members, for a day at Chapala. We enjoyed a long and relaxed brunch at "Delicias" and an afternoon stroll along the lakefront 'malecon' (boardwalk) in Chapala, snacking on 'charales' (fried minnows with salsa) and other goodies.
There were For2s of all ages, a roadster and a For4 in attendance.
I hope some of the avid photographers will post their snapshots here and at
smart club méxico - Powered by vBulletin for all to see.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're back in Kansas, we had a wonderful time with you, your wife and all the club members we met, Chapala is beautiful no wonder why you chose it to make it your home.
I'll post the pictures as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm glad you like them Jeff.
More pictures taken in Mexico City:

On Paseo de la Reforma:

In Santa Fe:

At Las Lomas:

You can barely see this one, is the red behind the pole:

Forfour:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts