Smart Car of America Forum banner

On Vacations in Guadalajara

Tags
ajijic mexico
17K views 48 replies 11 participants last post by  radar231 
#1 · (Edited)
We´re over 2000 miles away from home in our hometown, we´re having a great time, so far in just 3 days we have seen several Fortwos and 2 Forfours.
I almost forgot, we saw a couple of 451s in Oklahoma City, in our way from Kansas to Texas.
I´ll post pictures later.

#32 ·
On that photo with the Smart 2010 price:

I was just thinking about that and I should point out that, in Mexico, the advertised price includes the 15% sales tax. So, the price is more like $11,775 in USD.
That photo showing a price of $182,000 pesos can be a shocker if you are thinking in dollars instead of pesos and don't know that the tax is included in Mexican pricing. In fact, you might even get your first year's insurance and registration thrown into the package.

#8 ·
We are planning a trip to Chapala with the guys from Smart Club Mexico on the 26th!! We didn´t drive in Mexico, we just drove from Kansas to the DFW airport. We have been driving here in Guadalajara and the only thing we see is tons of reckless drivers :D

While you're down there, make sure to stop in and see RVGRINGO :p

We'll meet with RVGringo the 26th!!

#7 ·
That black & white forfour looks like a panda.

Big Panda......... you hiding out in Mexico, or is Fiat sending you there to be closer to the manufacturing and distribution?

It's nice to see smarts outside the USA, just wish we could get some of them. :( (diesels & roadsters)

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Thanks for the tips Okiesmrt.

This weekend we went to Mexico City, what a beautiful city!!
All the myths about violence and insecurity are just that: myths.
The only problem we saw was: the city is so big and the traffic is so horrible, it takes forever to go from point A to point B, one weekend is not enough to enjoy this huge city.
I´ll post pictures when I can transfer them to the computer, we saw at least 5 Smarts a day.

#12 ·
Yesterday, ALSRAC and his beautiful family joined us, and several Guadalajara club members, for a day at Chapala. We enjoyed a long and relaxed brunch at "Delicias" and an afternoon stroll along the lakefront 'malecon' (boardwalk) in Chapala, snacking on 'charales' (fried minnows with salsa) and other goodies.
There were For2s of all ages, a roadster and a For4 in attendance.
I hope some of the avid photographers will post their snapshots here and at
smart club méxico - Powered by vBulletin for all to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.