Smart Car of America Forum banner

On walkabout, but just wanted to say...

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  chieftmc 
#1 ·
I spent the day at the beach !!!

:bouncies::D:bouncies::D

I'm in Gloucester VA visiting my son's family while he's in Kuwait ! Beautiful country here and my smart LOVED the ride here :p

#6 ·
Returned from vacation :)

Had a great time even though it was hot :sunshine: and humid!!

My only grandson is a terror at 3 ... what will 4 bring :D

We had the smartie "packed" with sh...., err "stuff", to the gills ..... my bride, myself and of course the 6 pound "killer" dog that thinks she's a pit bull (and so do all the other dogs, for some reason ???) .... MAX A/C both ways, up and down the mountains of WV and VA (a LOT of 4th gear !) and STILL averaged 40.11 mpg :woohoo:

Had 1 tank at 36+ and one at 39+ :(

Total miles, 1632 at a fuel cost of $157.35 :spots::bouncies:

#7 ·
Glad you had a good time! How 'bout them thar hills! :)

That's a great MPG showing considering AC use and playing mountain goat. 4th is definitely a must on some inclines and it seems like I've had to use 3rd on the climb out of Morgantown on I-68. Sandstone Mountain on I-64 is a long slog, though. :)

#9 ·
Just returned from our latest visit to Gloucester VA :)

1598 miles, 37.669 gallons of fuel at a cost of $131.05, giving 42.42 mpg at a cost of 8¢ a mile :bouncies:

BTW, that's my "lifetime" cost per mile :)

We had a great visit and will be out again just before Christmas (hopefully) my son will be back from the world's biggest litter box :D

#10 ·
chief....headed East !!!

It's time for another trip to see the kids :)

This will be our first trip on the new shoes....I'm excited to see how we fair.

I've been extremely happy with my choice and have settled with 32 psi front and 38 rear !

Gives a great ride that way .... interested in seeing how the mpg's stack up :wink:

I HAVE noticed that in D, it shifts more than it did with the 175/55's.
(for those who don't know, I just put 185/60's all the way around; have about 500 miles on them.)

Hoping to make some "Java" and doughnut time with the smarties out there :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.