Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my 2014 fortwo for 2 yrs now without any hiccups. Now the female connector on the car feels loose and wobbles. Feels like someone had trouble making the connection and got rough with it. Since my wife and I are the only ones who use it and neither one of us did it Don’t know the actual cause. Recharging still works fine and there doesn’t seem to be a danger of the connection not functioning. closest ED service I know of is 4-5 hours away. Seeking ideas and recommendation.

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
167 Posts
Leave it at a public charging location and somebody try to unplug you when the car was locked? Not sure if there is a way to tighten it back up. Good luck, let us know what you figure out.

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
392 Posts
Try plugging in at different charging locations to be sure it is the car's female socket and not your home male j plug that's causing the looseness. Do all the male j1772 plugs feel just as loose? If it's really the female socket on your car, examine carefully in the sun or with a bright light (since it's all black) for any cracking or crumbling of edges. Try taking a pic and posting here too. We can then compare to our sockets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts