Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2010 Jeep Wrangler there was a way of doing a kind of "code" by pressing certain buttons in a certain way so when you hit the unlock button on the remote all four doors unlocked at once instead of having to hit the button twice. I got kinda used to it. Is there something similar on the Smart? Or any other little tricks that can be done that could be useful?

Thx
Marc

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda figured, thought I'd ask though. I know there aren't a ton of doors but I've gotten used to the single click to unlock the entire car with my Jeep so now who ever is the passenger always has to remind me to hit the button again lol.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Kinda figured, thought I'd ask though. I know there aren't a ton of doors but I've gotten used to the single click to unlock the entire car with my Jeep so now who ever is the passenger always has to remind me to hit the button again lol.
Sometimes it may not be a passenger who wants to join you in your smart, but rather a bad guy. This may be especially evident when a woman is the driver and all alone.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Our FIAT 500 can be programmed to use one-click unlock.

Doubtless, the smart is similarly programmable.

I bet your local MB dealer could do it. For a price.

Regards,

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Our FIAT 500 can be programmed to use one-click unlock.

Doubtless, the smart is similarly programmable.

I bet your local MB dealer could do it. For a price.

Regards,

Dan
The dealer will paint your toe nails red for a price.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
And to think I actually have to use a key to unlock my other cars! Not sure how I lived all these years with that much inconvience.
Thankfully, I no longer own any vehicle that I have to open the door with a key. Except for the motor home that is.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Breathe Squatch, breathe... I was just asking because every time I've gone in the Smart so far I get in and my pass is asking to unlock because I forget to hit it twice... Not an inconvenience just my stupid mind that does things automatically and I'm used to hitting it once in my Jeep.

Wasn't being a spoiled brat or anything, was just asking a question.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
I think Squatch was doing the tongue in cheek thing without any mean spirited intent. We all were thinking the same thing...he had the gumption (sp?) to bring it up. We are all so spoiled driving cars that almost drive themselves and take care of almost all our business except the bathroom. If we can't laugh at how spoiled we all are with our cars and what we expect them to do we should have to ride nothing but a bike for a year.
I sometimes think my smart is such a Spartan car and then I remember the 46 Chevy I used to drive to work every day. Had to plug in an electric rod in the dipstick hole just to keep the oil warm in the winter just so it would start in the morning. No A/C, no power anything, the heater took a long time to work, and the radio...gimme a break...static all the time...AM only. Our smarts do so many things for us and I think we take them for granted so I thank you for reminding us how advanced they are. We aren't driving a $100,000 luxury car but they don't do too much more than our smarts.
It's a drive that we all share to get everything we can get out of our little cars so your quest is OK...it's just fun to laugh at ourselves occasionally.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
And...JWIGHT...I know...I'm showing my age again!:D
Things you found only in luxury cars not so long ago are now standard in most econoboxes. Taking things out to add lightness I appreciate but software doesn't weigh that much for crying out loud (col?).

I get the feeling Momma don't like her baby. How much could a smarter chip cost?

signed a cranky old man

1 - 14 of 14 Posts