Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
17,360 Posts
Honestly I think you'll have no problem running your smart in the 2020 run. In 2008 this forum had a had a member that ran a brand new mostly stock fortwo and he didn't even do a training run.

He finished 64, right behind a Porsche 911 and a BMW M3 but ahead of an Acura NSX, Challenger SRT-8, Porsche Boxster, and others.

I mean, if you intend on getting somewhere close to podium, you should get a 453 and build one of those. Otherwise, try your best and have fun! If you do it and need a copilot, I'm so in!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

With the 2020 One Lap of America tour Schedule running closer to my back yard, I may have to reconsider running the tour again as a non competitor instead of the intended NYC to Pacific Coast Highway run in May 2020. I would do no less then make the Memphis events then run with the pack to the Eagles Canyon Raceway Event. where I could make a left and follow the tour east to Atlanta or make a right and head to California.
So since the PCH run involves coming back east through The Black Hills Monument weather will be a major factor in which way I go.

Although I am feeling real sporty inside I am still in search of a front end suspension solution.

·
17,360 Posts
I'd say you're ready to run it no matter where it is. After all, you miss every shot you don't take... ;)

61 - 67 of 67 Posts