Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Smart lease ends in August. I've had the car for three years and have always wanted to do a range test on the interstate to see how far I could go. So today I drove from Stoneham, MA to Derry, NH traveling at a speed of 65 mph set on the cruise control. Also the first time I ever used the cruise control in the car. There was a little bit of extra driving to get to the highway plus I went past my normal exit coming home as I had some juice left. The weather today is sunny, breezy and a temp starting at 82 degrees and by my return it was 89 degrees. I kept the AC off the entire time and sure was sweaty upon arrival. I had charged the battery to 100% and returned home with a SOC of 11%. Total on the tripmeter, 72.4 miles.

Just something I've been wanting to do for some time. I was actually quite surprised by the range, thought it would be in the low 60's at best.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You have cruise? What car is this? Could be that strong south wind changed to a northern blast just as you turned around, would be my guess. :)
--

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I'm leasing a 2018 Passion for 2 as my commuter vehicle.
Being lucky to daily recharge with solar at home and free at work.
That's a very impressive range for your electric. I wouldn't dare to drive with out the ac
at this time in summer time....

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
263 Posts
It's a 2017 Electric Smart 453 Prime. Yes it has cruise!
yup same car as mine, I suspect the moist muggy air at 65 mph caused some drag. My best has been 81 miles, on eco mode. But only at 60mph. Can't blame your trip on elevation change either, as I see they are about 100 ft difference in altitude. Still pretty good for such a small battery pack.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't dare to drive with out the ac
at this time in summer time....
To make matters worse I even had the windows rolled up thinking it would be better for efficiency.

Can't blame your trip on elevation change either, as I see they are about 100 ft difference in altitude. Still pretty good for such a small battery pack.
There may not be a large elevation change but there was a few of steep hills to climb.

By the way, 81 miles is outstanding even at 60 mph. Makes me want to test again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts