Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,698 Posts
The Ohio group is in London, Ontario. Picked up Jim Swift in Michigan and jsenka rolled into town last night as we were having dinner. Made a run to Tim Hortons later to catch up with John Groot. One of the other local owners will join up for the ride to Trenton this morning. Looks like some rain in the forecast - so much for washing the cars prior to the trip. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone coming through Buffalo - Fort Erie ...

The Toronto-bound Burlington Skyway (on the QEW near Hamilton) is closed because some brain surgeon in a dump truck tried to drive over the bridge with the dump box raised, and did a lot of structural damage to the bridge. The bridge will likely be closed for several days. There is the old lift bridge but I've been hearing that is also closed because it is almost underneath the damaged bridge.

Follow the QEW to the Red Hill Parkway, I think it is exit 89 or 90 (don't recall which), and take that exit. The Red Hill Parkway turns into the Lincoln Alexander Parkway, keep going to the end. Follow 403 Toronto, that merges back onto the QEW Toronto.

Traffic in the area during most of the day is likely to be brutal.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I posted THIS over at CsC, but I'm too tired to link all the pictures over here, so I'll do that sometime tomorrow...

Plenty of fun, with more to come!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Pictures

I won't copy all the text over, so zip over to the link I posted in my last post, and see what I've got there. If you aren't signed in on CsC, you probably won't be able to see the pictures though, so I'll hotlink them over here!

Low speed connections beware!

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
I made it back to Michigan about 10:00 last night, safe and sound! It was a great event and thanks to Flossythesmart for all the work that went into this. Good job!
It was great to meet more of my Canadian neighbors. Your hospitality was appreciated and I truly felt like I was with family.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi All, we made it back to Kansas today 2918 miles later. We also stopped at The Falls on Monday.We had a terrific time running around the Canadian countryside with lots of other Smart cars. Flossythesmart did a fantastic job again this year, loved the stops we made, especially the ferryboat ride, and who would have thought you could get such terrific food from a foodtruck!!! Really enjoyed seeing all of our Canadian friends and making new ones too. Safe travels to everyone! Dale and Gay

41 - 54 of 54 Posts