Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been racking my brain and researching how to open my 2008 Smart Cabrio tailgate. Watched a bunch of Utube videos and surfed the net for several hours with no success. I tried the hole drilling method and that didn't work. Tried prying on the latch, no go there also. Then it dawned on me to try to open it electrically. I bought this car over the weekend and I am salvaging parts off it so the entire electrical system has been disconnected. The solution was finding the wire to the solenoid on the latch. It was a blue wire with a red stripe located under the rear carpet on the left side of the car. You may not want to do it the way I did. I just cut all the wires and put all of the brown ground wires together and started touching the others to a jump box until I found the right one. I twisted all the ground wires together and put them on the negative jump box clamp and then touched the blue wire with the red stripe to the positive clamp. SUCCESS!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.