Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2011 smart fortwo passion coupe has the optional "control system" with the switch on the windshield wiper arm and the "OK" button on the end of the knob. Do smarts with the control system have a different routine to reset the service display than the infamous turn on, tap twice, turn off, hold, turn on like on other models (like our 2010)? In short...HELP!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smart USA on facebook, messaged me and told me to contact my nearest dealer and..."they will be happy to walk you through the reset process". We'll see.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I reset the service reminder on a 451 with factory cruise control. I used the same procedure and it reset on the first attempt. Not sure if I was just lucky. I would be interested to know if there is a different procedure for these vehicles.
As of late, several So Cal Smartie members & a few owners that I met at the Nationals, have asked me to reset their service reminders. These vehicle were all serviced at smart Centers and when they picked up there vehicles after their service which included an oil & filter change, the reminder was not reset. When the owner's contacted their service writer, they were told that resetting the reminder would not affect the operation of the car, which is true. Owner's find the pop-up wrench icon reminders annoying after awhile. I feel that it should be standard SOP, that the service reminder be reset when the vehicle is serviced as per factory recommendations.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,563 Posts
If the factory trained techs are not sharp enough to reset something as simple as the flashing wrench, I wonder what else they are not trained to do. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It is not a matter of them being sharp enough to reset the service indicator. They just don't want to take the time to perform this procedure.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It is not a matter of them being sharp enough to reset the service indicator. They just don't want to take the time to perform this procedure.
It depends on what service the vehicle owner requests. If the owner gets a mileage interval service, that would (should) include a Short Test with the Service Diagnostic System, among other things. With the SDS connected resetting the Service Interval Reminder is just a matter of clicking a couple of times on the screen. No button pushing required.

If the owner does not wish to pay for a mileage service and requests a oil and filter change, that is exactly what they get.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And without a credit card to charge, don't hold your breath waiting for that "call back" from Des Moines.

The Des Moines dealership never did call back after numerous emails and calls. BUT, my hubby sat in the car one afternoon and kept trying all the different combinations and BINGO it reset. He can't remember what combo it was (ha!) but we have 10,000 miles to figure it out. :D

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you are a member of Evilution, check out their 30 sec. video tutorial and you will be able to reset your service reminder without any issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts