Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
option fuse holder removal

I'm trying to remove my SAM to send to SOS to have a duplicate key made. I disconnected the battery; undid the Torx screws holding the SAM and unhinged the SAM from the back. I can get the fuse connectors off the back of the SAM by pushing the catch and wiggling loose. What I can't get is the option fuse holders mounted on the side of the SAM. SOS instructions and Evilution say to simply remove them, but I can't. Is there a catch? Do you wiggle it until it pops off? I'm stuck.
In the photo (from Evilution), it is the brightly colored one on the side of the SAM

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I got it out. For those of you wondering, there is indeed a catch, located between the option fuse holder and the SAM. Yes, between them. If you zoom in on the photo and look at one of the empty slots, you will see it. Very challenging to get when the slot is filled as the space between them is extremely tight. I used a dental tool to hold the tab down and then a plier to pull the holder off. Perhaps there is some type of tool, but that is what I did to get them off. Have patience, as it is not easy to do. Everything else is fairly easy; all the other connections come off fairly straightforward. Be sure to label everything so you can put it back together in the same order.

Hopefully that helps anyone else pondering how to remove these.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts