Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy who posts on the Canadian forum has just received an email from smart USA with instructions on how to logon to the official Reservation Confirmation website.

He was kind enough to post the entire contents of the email at www.clubsmartcar.ca/forums (hope it's not bad form to link to another forum, but this seemed important).

The Reservation Confirmation website it www.mysmartfortwo.com.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Actual Specs and Prices

The same guy has posted the official specs and prices for some options, from the reservation website:

fortwo passion coupe, 1.0 L, 71 HP, 3 cylinder engine

Base price
$ 13,590.00
body panels in deep black
N/C
tridion safety cell, black
N/C
Black leather seats
Standard equipment

Engine/drivetrain

1.0 L, 71 HP, 3 cylinder engine
5 speed automatic transmission
Paddle shifters

9-spokes alloy wheels (15") with front tires: 155/60 R15; rear tires 175/55 R15

Tire pressure control system

Exterior
Panorama
Side indicators in yellow
Exterior mirror cap in tridion color
Interior
3-spoke leather sports steering wheel with steering wheel shift paddles (incl. leather gear knob)
Basic seat with weight detection and seatbelt recognition
Flat folding passenger seat with backrest adjustment
Storage areas beside the steering wheel and in both doors
Coin holder
Dome light
Mirror in passenger sun visor
Storage
Lockable glove compartment
Safety
Hydraulic dual-circuit brake system
Tire repair kit
Top Tether for child restraint system
Panic button on key
esp - electronic stability program with hill start assist
Anti-lock braking system (abs) with electronic brake force distribution
Full-size driver and passenger airbags
Head/Thorax-Side Airbags
Integral safety seats
belt-force limiterelts with belt tensioner

Drive lock - auto-activation of the central locking when driving
Functional/electrical equipment
Air conditioning with automatic temperature control (incl. dust, pollen filter)
Power windows with one-touch lowering function
Electronic and heated side mirrors
Central locking system with remote control
Instrument cluster with multifunctional display (fuel-level indicator, coolant-level indicator, residual fuel indicator, service interval indicator, trip mileage indicator, clock)
Outside temperature indicator
Indicators with lane changer function
Front windshield wiper with speed-dependent interval wiping and wiper-/wash function
Intermittent rear windshield wiper with wiper-/wash function
Electric rear window defroster
Electric tailgate release
Locking gas cap
12-volt socket, with cover
Special equipment
Comfort Package - includes the following features
$ 850.00
Black leather seats
Heated seats
Electric power steering (eps)
Rain sensing windshield wipers
Light sensor (autolight)
Auto-off headlamps with exit delay
smart premium sound system
$ 350.00
smart premium radio (AM/FM, mp3-compatible 6 disc CD changer; incl. 2 speakers, Aux input jack for MP3 device)
smart sound system (2 tweeters, 2 mid range, subwoofer)

Extras
Fog lamps
$ 110.00
Additional instruments (analog clock and rev counter)
$ 120.00
Anti-theft alarm system
$ 160.00
Total price
[*]:
$ 15,180.00

[*]
Excluding tax, license, registration, destination charge, and dealer installed accessories.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I confirmed my order as well

Just a point of reference, I put my $99 down on the first day as well and got the email to confirm my order configuration as well. I am getting a Passion in Yellow w/ a black tridon. No options, so $13,590 hopefully.

Kags

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Where, Canada or U.S.?

Where is all this taking place, Canada or the U.S.? I am mindful that Canada has had their dealer network set up and running for about three years now. And a completely different distributorship. We in the U.S. don't even have our dealers officially designated and announced by PAG yet. And our potential dealers don't know what Internet Brands (the custodian of the reservation program) knows.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
It appears all of the people who have been contacted are here in the US, and of course, the confirmation email is from SmartUSA, so it is the US network.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
The same guy has posted the official specs and prices for some options, from the reservation website:

fortwo passion coupe, 1.0 L, 71 HP, 3 cylinder engine

Base price
$ 13,590.00

N/C
tridion safety cell, black
N/C

Excluding tax, license, registration, destination charge, and dealer installed accessories.

looks like SmartUSA has kept to its word about pricing too. The passion coupe was supposed to "start under $14,000". :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is exciting. kags, you put in your reservation on the first day? Could this mean they are taking the final orders in the order the reservations were placed? I wonder if the official price list is out now. The comfort package looks well worth the price.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Just a point of reference, I put my $99 down on the first day as well and got the email to confirm my order configuration as well. I am getting a Passion in Yellow w/ a black tridon. No options, so $13,590 hopefully.

Kags
Just curious, has there been any confirmation/rumour of a dealer in your area?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I could be the fool here

Hey All

In a previous post I speculated as to why my Gray (= more costly:mad:) Smart was a good choice FOR ME, and speculated as to how the roll out of this car in the USA would go.

Not wanting to look like a fool (for paying 6-8K more for an 06 than for an 08), I would ask, WHAT exactly did this E-mail do (except to re invigorate) for you?

Was a meeting set up? was there a time and place confirmed to finalized the deal?

And the final question is, "If you were PAG and you were ON TIME with the pending deliveries", would you of sent out these E-Mails rather than ask these people to JUST show up with their deposits at the authorized dealers to work out the details?

I have the luxury to be sceptical (and hoping I'm not wrong, ASM=Laughing stock).

Just wondering

ASM

·
Registered
280 Posts
Great news, indeed! What was the date of the "first day"? I know I missed it as the website wouldn't take my credit card info without crashing. Had to use another card a few days later when I got back on line; so now I'm worried that I may be too far back in the que. :eek:

tm

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
This is amazing news... we need to get some screenshots of this so we can share it with everyone.

IF YOU GET THIS INVITATION, can you pretty please take some screen shots of the form and process so you can share with everyone.

Thank you very much!

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Great news, indeed! What was the date of the "first day"? I know I missed it as the website wouldn't take my credit card info without crashing. Had to use another card a few days later when I got back on line; so now I'm worried that I may be too far back in the que. :eek:

tm
I believe it was 3/19/07.

Funny you should mention your problem. I had attempted registration also back in March, and never got a confirmation nor an error message. I did inquire with SmartUSA a few weeks later if my registration went through (didn't think so as no $99 charge occurred). Then, just kept of forgetting about redoing the registration, and the Smart Tour was announced so we figured we'd test drive it first. Looks like I won't get to play around with this new process until who knows when....next year? :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
I haven't heard who the dealer in my area will be. Dallas, San Antonio and Houston are fairly close, I live in Austin.

It would look like they are doing some kind of first come, first serve as the other person that I know of that has gotten the email to confirm also put thier deposit down on the first day.

As far as mark-up, who knows, it will become clear before I agree to buy anything.

Kags

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Additional Pricing Info

Base price for Pure Coupe: $11,590
Base price for Passion Coupe: $13,590
Base price for Passion Cabrio: $16,950

Spec for the Passion Cabrio is the same as the Passion Coupe, except the premium sound system is included as standard ($350 upgrade on the Coupe).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Additional Features??

Was there any mention of Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Electronic Brake Assist, Acceleration Skid Control (ASC) and Engine Torque Control (ETC) ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
eConfimation Process

A Smart Man-
i sense a little chip on your bumper towards smartUSA - what is so wrong with confirming the orders by using email and a website confirguration? The order process so far has been easy to use (minus a few users stating techinical difficulities) and totally streamlined; they've kept their word on timing, pricing, and have held first events in many states.

Can you imagine if you received an email to go to the dealer to confirm your order only to find 10 or 20 or maybe 50 other people there doing the same thing? You'd really be bent out of shape about the process then!! smart is making this easy and organized. Don't be bitter that you spent more on your smart than any of us will spend (including gas for a year or three) when our cars arrive in a few months.

Giggling a little bit ....:cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts