Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a curb and bent a rim. Need a rear rim for replacement...maybe even two to give me a spare. Let me know if you have one, price and location. Thanks. Shop hermit.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
our friends at smartmadness.com always have "take-offs" from their projects (at a reasonable price)

as I recall when I got two rears to put on the front of my 451 (STRONGLY recommended) I paid around $100 per rim (inc. shipping) That was two years ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
our friends at smartmadness.com always have "take-offs" from their projects (at a reasonable price)

as I recall when I got two rears to put on the front of my 451 (STRONGLY recommended) I paid around $100 per rim (inc. shipping) That was two years ago.
What will having rears on the front do? Other than make it harder to steer?

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,661 Posts
With all four the same size, you can rotate the tires, have better handling, more choices of tire size availability, etc.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
I bought a front replace wheel from smartmadness, 4 or 5 years ago. A take off, in excellent condition.

Bob Stork, on this forum has lots of wheels to sale. Contact him... send him a PM.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a complete set available... with good rubber.
Just put a set of Genius Darwin wheels on, with altimax tires.... all same size, rotatorable? is that a word?
The ride is smoother, with some minor fender scrape and should go away. Here is a pic......

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
They are 185/55 R 15.82Hm.s. all four, this way I can rotate them.
Make me an offer I cannot refuse on the old ones, they could be yours!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts