Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound a bit strange, but is there some place or recommended way for me to find out what equipment / options were supposed to be on my 2008 Smart when I bought it?
I'm asking because I think I paid for the Radio 10, but only have a Radio 9 installed. (Yeah, I know, it's a bit late, but it came with the Radio 10 manual, not the Radio 9, and I mostly use my MP3 player plugged into the AUX port or listen to the radio.) I also remember the salesman telling me about the 6-CD changer, but never tried putting in more than one CD until now, and when I couldn't figure out how to get it to work, I pulled the manual out. It says it holds 6 CD's but the button to the left of the CD slot says "RND" instead of "Load." That's when I looked up the Radio 9 manual online and figured out what I had installed.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you have a radio 10, the area around the screen will be painted silver. You will also have an amplifier under the driver's seat. To find out which radio your car was equipped with when it was first sold, refer to the window sticker, if you have it, or ask the dealer to pull up the paperwork and go over the list of options on the vehicle that you have.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
My 2008 was delivered with Radio 10. There was no amp under either seat. There was a subwoofer under the driver's seat and tweeters in the dash.

Radio 10 has a 6 CD changer.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
Radio 10 was available with or without the 'premium sound' underseat sub upgrade.
Do you have the six numbered buttons above the cd slot? If so, it's a 10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts