Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, folks, I will be posting pictures each day of what is happening. They will be available in my new online album, so check back each day. If you have pics of your own, please share them. My album can be found here:

OTD2 Photos

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Woohoo. Can't wait to see the pics. I already chose my wardrobe and jet was supposed to have a matching outfit. My tiger stripe banana hammock thong bathing suit. When I am not wearing that, I'll have my Kermit the Frog shirt on. :)

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
I have to make sure to bring my camera, should be perfect weather for some nice pictures.
...OH PLEASE ..by all means ...and when you see me wearing my Gepetto creation make sure you have a wide lens...

jetfuel...no flash please .....all naturale...

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, folks are starting to trickle in, but suspect that won't last - they will be arriving shortly in a big wave (I hope). Most everything is ready... 3:16 until registration opens...

·
17,379 Posts
Jet fuel has a slight trickling problem...He shall figure it out at the Dragon...:D

P.S. Please post video of that R/C race! :)

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WARNING - DO NOT use "trickling" and "jet fuel" in the same sentence. :wow:
Well, then, it is a good thing there are lots of woods and running water here, huh?
(not to mention the witnesses...)

There may be room for a Depend dealership soon..

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, and AWESOME first day! The weather was beautiful, the participant up-beat. Since we didn't do a mass-drive down the dragon today (that is tomorrow), everyone broke up into smaller groups and did different things - one group did the Moonshiner 28, and came back via the Cherohala Skyway, others did the Dragon - I didn't hear of anyone that had a bad time.
This evening we had a Fontana-Village-hosted social from 6pm to 7pm - they created a "Ralley Red Smartini" for the occasion. From there, everyone went and grabbed some dinner, and eventually met back at the Pavilion. We ran some RC smart races - what a blast! The red cars all operate on one frequency, the blues on another, so the races were all red vs blue for time. Three laps around a track (rectangular area on the floor, with small cones for corners, the track was 9' by about 6'). Best time was 23+ seconds. GetSmart's controller proved to be posessed and gave everyone a hard time (or good time, if you were a spectator).
After that, the Dragon Drool contest - only one non-alcoholic entry, but 5 alcoholic entries. They ranged in strength from nearly non-alcoholic to OMG! and were all very inventive.
Tomorrow starts with a mass drive down the dragon at 9am. Group picture at 5pm, and BBQ dinner at 7pm. With lots of fun in-between.
Due to bandwidth, I am having trouble uploading pics - I will get them loaded to the link in post #1 as I can, and I have some editing to do on the videos - I set up external fore- and aft cameras for the Dragon run. One incident of note (with the camera on) as four of us made our way through Hellbender, a biker got a bit impatient, and attempted to pass us all on a short bridge across one end of the river/lake. The turn onto the bridge was sharp enough, the one on the other side even sharper. The biker passed me going into the left-hand bend, and didn't quite make the turn. He wiped out into the shoulder of the road, and appears to have possible broken a rib (he got off early) - look for it in the video, probably early/mid week next.

More later!

·
5,297 Posts
Yep. my little RC smart has a mind of it's own and it was very entertaining to everyone. Lots of laughs and I think I was laughing the hardest. Thank goodness it had blue duct tape on the front fender.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Actually with the age of most smart owners, that isn't a bad idea. :)
That is why I like this crowd, they make me look young. The down side, It's not even midnight, and I'm one of the last ones still awake. Everyone ate their Geritol and went to bed. And Neon, if you are wondering, we have all been talking about you all day. And some of it was actually good. wink wink

Krusty.........The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yeah they gave me a shot of something that looked like Pepto-Bizmal, and tasted like dragons A$$! the layers had sepertated and left a red blood like substance in the bottom of the cup. It was deffinatly the one to have if your only having one. I'm glad I missed I that mess. The crowd was lively when I returned from Pigeon Forge. Jet had the smart go round in full swing trying to scare anyone who would get in his car.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts