Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Ok everyone,

Due to the feedback from the original post and email that went out, we need to get a better idea just how many people will be joining us on September 25th.

The caravan will now be photographically documented and will most likely be part of the Smartimes article on the event.

The stop schedule is as follows. Please remember that all listed times are DEPARTURE TIMES. If you are meeting us at a stop please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the listed departure time.

7:00 AM– Rest Area on North Bound Interstate 75 at Mile Marker 348(Just south of Ocala). This will be the staging point for all smarts from the Tampa and Orlando areas. (This has been pushed earlier to get us to the Dragon before dark if possible… we were looking at a 7pm arrival)

9:00 AM – TA Truck stop at Exit 2 in Georgia off Interstate 75 (Valdosta/Panhandle of Florida)

12:00 PM – Pilot Truck stop at Exit 146 LUNCH Warner Robbins/Macon. GA.

2:00 PM – Wal-Mart at 2795 Chastain Meadows Pkwy, Marietta. This is just off exit 1 of I575 on the north side of Atlanta and will give smarts in Atlanta a chance to join up. It also keeps us from stopping in the ATL. J

4:30 – 5:00 PM – Microtel at Robbinsville, NC!!!!

Please respond to this thread with your

NAME / STOP YOU’LL BE JOINING THE CARAVAN / COLOR OF YOUR SMART

So we can get a better idea of the number of smarts we’re looking at. Also if you have hand held radios please bring them so we can communicate while on the road in case of emergency. Hope you can join us!!!! J

Bill Hitchcock
Suncoast Smarts

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bill and Jennifer Hitchcock / Ocala / Dracha Yellow

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From email

Mike / Walmart-Marietta / Black Pure
David / Ocala / British Racing Green

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
More GA Smarts!!!

Sean / Marietta - Atlanta / silver smart

Kevin / Warner Robbins / black smart

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
More attendees via email!!!

Steven and Mary / Ocala / Lamborghini Orange and Black

David / Warner Robbins / Silver and a trailer

John & Joan / Warner Robbins / White with side trim

Tony / Ocala / Color unknown

Bill / Warner Robbins / Color unknown

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BB you're a slacker.....

More responses via email

Sandy / PENSACOLA / Marietta-Atlanta / Color unknown

Alan / Ocala / Blue Cabrio

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
BB you're a slacker.....

More responses via email

Sandy / PENSACOLA / Marietta-Atlanta / Color unknown
OK OK :eek: I'll tell the truth.

I can't leave Fort Walton Beach until around 2:00pm eastern time. Needless to say, I'm going to be running a bit late. Calculating in our dozen or so bathroom breaks I'll get there at about 0100. :(

·
Registered
441 Posts
OK OK :eek: I'll tell the truth.

I can't leave Fort Walton Beach until around 2:00pm eastern time. Needless to say, I'm going to be running a bit late. Calculating in our dozen or so bathroom breaks I'll get there at about 0100. :(

Ok.. a dumb moment... but I hadn't even realized that I would be crossing time zones.. gonna be a hour later than I thought!!!!!:joker:

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Ok.. a dumb moment... but I hadn't even realized that I would be crossing time zones.. gonna be a hour later than I thought!!!!!:joker:
Exactly. All those OTHER Florida people talk in Eastern time while the normal people like you and I talk in Central.:D

Oh, forgot to mention wdhitch Your unknown from P-Cola - blue/black cabrio.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I still haven't ruled this out. A big deal, and a fair expenditure of money. Tempted, but not decided. If I join the caravan, Tiffton, GA looks like the place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Chip Bullen/ silver/silver Smart--Ocala (preferred) I'll be coming across Florida on sr.40,I'll wait around exit 350 if I can't make the 7:00 deadline.If I'm late I'll be playing catch-up, checking the first 2 stops

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would be up for this, but doesn't look like there's going to be any stops between Atlanta and Robbinsville.

I could easily rendezvous in Elijay, GA if that happens to be along your path (I assume the course is up 575 which would take you through there). I don't want to add another stop to the itinerary, but I'd be willing to wait along the side of the road for a rolling hook up. Even better if someone wants to exchange numbers and give me a call when the caravan gets close. If anyone wants to do this just shoot me a PM.

If not, it's a long lonely drive to Robinsville for me :(.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.